Position Summary: To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts. Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving discrepancies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Specific Responsibilities:
· Analyze and create reporting metrics within ERP system and build controls for accountability.
· Generate and send out invoices daily.
· Set up new customers in our ERP system.
· Prepare, send, and record monthly billing for contracts.
· Create deposit invoices and process deposit payments.
· Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
· Verify validity of account discrepancies by investigating information from sales and customers.
· Send W-9 and manage exemption certificates from customers.
· Summarize receivables by maintaining invoice accounts and updating aging report.
· Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable invoices.
· Upload employee time entries into ERP system and verify accurate costing to projects.
· Generate reports as assigned by the Controller.
· Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related projects as needed.
2. Hold Self and others accountable to serve as a Steward of iSpace Core Values and Brand:
· EXPERTS: We provide well thought out solutions to support our client’s business needs.
· RESOURCEFUL: We will find ways to get it done and make it look easy.
· VALUE all PARTNERSHIPS: Our partners are not viewed as transactions, but friends. We support each other and celebrate in each other’s successes.
· TEAMWORK: All of us together are better than each of us alone.
· FUN: Having fun is part of our work experience. We bring our culture to life by enjoying ourselves and each other.
3. Skills and Qualifications:
· Accounting, Organization, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication
4. Other Duties as Needed to Meet Business Needs:
Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Identifies data relationships and dependencies. Designs workflows and procedures.
Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals. Conducts cost-benefit analyses. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Displays orientation to profitability. Understands business implications of decisions.
Business Ethics - Inspires the trust of others. Keeps commitments. Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds and aligns with the organizations Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget. Conserves organizational resources. Develops and implements cost saving measures. Contributes to profits and revenue.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect and trust. Motivates others to perform well. Reacts well under pressure. Shows courage to take action.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics, or Associates Degree plus 1-2 years of experience.
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and Outlook, and modular accounting software experience.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is usually quiet.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
iSpace Environments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis under law.