- Work with vendors on the procuring of materials and ingredients needed for the day-to-day operations.
- Negotiate best price for highest quality.
- Keeps abreast of significant trends and changes in suppliers, goods, and prices to capitalize on opportunities and/or protect company positions.
- Using existing reports to order materials to manage acceptable inventory levels.
- Incorporates product quality specifications into all purchase orders to support high company quality standards.
- Research alternative solutions [when applicable] and secure product, merchandise, and services at cost quality, and delivery at competitive levels consistent with American Spoon policy and performance standards.
- Manage procurement/buying documentation, review for accuracy, and resolve discrepancies: purchase orders, passing/confirmations, bill of lading (BOL), invoices, and inspections.
- Assure prompt execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Manage inventory on assigned materials, ingredients for best in-stock levels.
- Knowledge of workflow as related to supply chain management.
- Monitor returns to assure all documentation and credits are complete.
- Assists Accounting Manager to reconcile invoices.
- Perform monthly accrual updates of supplier rebates and freight expense, and partner with Accounting Manager to ensure prompt rebate payment from suppliers
- Recommend business and cost improvement strategies. Oversee tracking and reporting of savings projects related to procurement, and suppliers.
- Resolve issues with vendors in a quick and prompt manner.
- Informs vendors/ suppliers of unacceptable goods and services and collaborates with vendor to decide course of action for unacceptable goods.
- Collaborate with Department Managers to remain consistent with facilities’ needs as related to production, quality, transportation, and warehouse operations incoming and outgoing.
- Will research and develop alternative vendors [when applicable] and provide Department managers with cost analysis. Communicate supply chain information to other departments and management.
- Prioritize and plan activities and use time efficiently to complete work on time.
- Find and resolve problems promptly by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Build positive, professional, long-term relationships with vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned and take part on project teams when needed.
- Maintains high confidentiality in daily operations, especially to safeguard pricing, sales, and purchase information.
Excellent negotiations skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to reason; create and implement alternatives
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Education and/or Experience
Minimum 1 year experience in a purchasing/buyer/procurement capacity
Knowledgeable in distribution, materials, operations, and traffic operations
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Paid holidays & vacation time. Generous employee discount. Cost share Medical, Dental and Vision.
TO APPLY, SEND RESUME & CONTACT INFORMATION TO firstname.lastname@example.org