To apply for this role, upload your (1) resume and (2) cover letter. The role will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate.
In 1990, a small group of dedicated volunteers with a desire to eliminate substandard housing in our community founded San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity. Thanks to our supporters, more than 200 local and international families have been able to build or repair their own homes here in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Through the years, we have maintained our unrelenting determination to help families in need by offering a hand up, not a handout.
Through donations, shopping at our ReStores, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves.
We have an exciting accounting internship opportunity in our Monrovia Office. This is a Summer internship; it will begin immediately and continue until schooling begins. We are looking for a commitment of at least 24 hours per week. We are willing to work with your school schedule. This is an in-person internship.
724 E Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016
Director of Finance
Developing professional skills in an administrative environment with opportunities to understand how a non-profit organization facilitates.
- Assist Finance department with projects related to month end accounting cycle
- Prepare daily three-way invoice match
- Prepare daily A/P Invoices
- Weekly credit card reconciliation and follow up with card holders
- Monthly statement reconciliation with multiple Vendors
- Update account and vendor records
- Analyzing month to month fluctuation
- Scan/file accounting records
- Assist in other accounting and administrative duties as assigned
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instructions
- Strong internet research skills
- Must be dependable and committed
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle many priorities/functions.
- Flexible hours, preferably a minimum of 24 hours per week.
- All majors considered-- business and economics related or a passion in accounting preferred
- Course experience in accounting (strongly recommended)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.