This position, in either Aurora, CO or King of Prussia, PA, is for an AI/ML Engineer looking for new challenging problems. You will support the development of AI/ML algorithms in a multitude of disciplines from object detection/classification, natural language processing, to reinforcement learning. Additionally, we have a team of excellent researchers and software developers who are eager to mentor and teach their craft.
At Stratagem, we create advanced software solutions to support critical aspects of national security. We are solving highly complex problems with a team of fun, uniquely talented engineers that deliver capabilities to make a lasting impact.
Stratagem is a small, high-end software technology company that delivers operational solutions and performs advanced R&D for the DoD and Intelligence Community. We believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, and family. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life.
Stratagem is hiring exceptional individuals to join our growing team. We look for candidates that are thoughtful and team-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, a high level of creativity, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies. We also seek out individuals that are clear communicators and support their teammates with a sense of positivity and open-mindedness.
The annual base salary range for this position is $60K - $135K. Please note that the salary range is a general guideline only. The many factors that are included for consideration include, but are not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education, training, certifications, key skills, and mission/customer intimacy. These factors are combined with market and business considerations to extend a job offer.
** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED **
** MUST BE ELGIBLE FOR TS/SCI CLEARANCE WITH SSBI **
Our ideal candidate is an AI/ML engineer with experience working in research teams prototyping and developing AI/ML algorithms. This candidate will be joining our team of AI/ML engineers and researchers to apply cutting-edge AI/ML algorithms in a variety of domains to the mission needs of our customers. As an AI/ML Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a small team consisting of developers and researchers to implement machine learning algorithms to solve a broad set of challenges for our various customers
- Analyzing large multi-domain datasets such as images, text, and/or graph data to identify statistically relevant features to build models that provide analysts with actionable data
- Using cloud services to train and deploy ML models
- Reviewing relevant publications to understand and apply cutting edge concepts to defense and commercial applications
- Writing technical documentation supporting code, program capabilities, and user-guides
- Effective communicator with the ability to write and present technical reports
- Experience with Python and any of the following Python data science / machine learning libraries: Pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Applying unsupervised and/or supervised machine learning techniques
- Applying and/or developing algorithms based in statistical analysis
- Analyzing large datasets and building models to perform inference
- 2-5 years of experience developing AI/ML applications, data science, and/or algorithm development
- Must be willing to be submitted for a security clearance and must be able to successfully obtain a TS/SCI clearance with SSBI through this process
Desired Skills (bonus points)
- MS or PhD in machine learning, computer science, mathematics, or relevant fields
- Experience with any of the following AI/ML domains:
- Reinforcement learning and familiarity with OpenAI Gym, RLlib, and Stable Baselines
- Applying clustering algorithms and/or deep neural networks to real life problems
- Object detection algorithms such as YOLO and Faster-RCNN
- Natural Language Processing and recurrent neural networks
- Generative Adversarial Networks and Variational Autoencoders
- Implementing tracking & fusion and pattern-of-life algorithms
- Experience with Linux
- Familiarity with using AWS cloud computing resources such as EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.
- Experience with any of the following additional languages: C++, Java, and/or C#
- Experience implementing algorithms on the GPU in Python or C++ using CUDA and other CUDA libraries
- Experience in application deployment, virtualization, and containerization
- Experience working with various Remote Sensing datasets (e.g. EO/OPIR/SAR images, passive RF, etc.)
- You are the proud owner of a TS/SCI Clearance with SSBI