This position, in either Aurora, CO or King of Prussia, PA, is for a Senior AI/ML Engineer looking to apply their craft to challenging domains. As a researcher, you will develop cutting-edge AI/ML algorithms ranging from object detection/classification, natural language processing, to reinforcement learning. As a technical lead, you will guide a team of researchers and developers to see these algorithms through the prototype phase and deliver them to operational environments.
At Stratagem, we create advanced software solutions to support critical aspects of national security. We are solving highly complex problems with a team of fun, uniquely talented engineers that deliver capabilities to make a lasting impact.
Stratagem is a small, high-end software technology company that delivers operational solutions and performs advanced R&D for the DoD and Intelligence Community. We believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, and family. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life.
Stratagem is hiring exceptional individuals to join our growing team. We look for candidates that are thoughtful and team-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, a high level of creativity, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies. We also seek out individuals that are clear communicators and support their teammates with a sense of positivity and open-mindedness.
The annual base salary range for this position is $100K - $185K. Please note that the salary range is a general guideline only. The many factors that are included for consideration include, but are not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education, training, certifications, key skills, and mission/customer intimacy. These factors are combined with market and business considerations to extend a job offer.
** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED **
** MUST BE ELGIBLE FOR TS/SCI CLEARANCE WITH SSBI **
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional who has researched and developed AI/ML algorithms and deployed these algorithms to operational environments. This candidate will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge in AI/ML to solve a broad set of problems across multiple domains. This candidate will be joining a team of talented researchers and software developers with the opportunity to lead and mentor junior engineers. Additionally, they will work with Leadership and our Lead AI/ML Research Scientist to help shape our growing AI/ML portfolio. As a Sr. AI/ML Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Leading a small team consisting of developers and researchers to implement AI/ML algorithms to solve abroad set of challenges for our various customers
- Analyzing large multi-domain datasets such as images, text, and/or graph data to identify statistically relevant features to build models that provide analysts with actionable data
- Using cloud services to train and deploy ML models
- Reviewing relevant publications to understand cutting edge concepts, break down key ideas to government customers, and apply to defense and commercial applications
- Writing technical documentation supporting code, program capabilities and user-guides
- Effective communicator with the ability to write and present technical reports
- Experience leading an interdisciplinary team of researchers and software developers
- Experience with Python and any of the following Python data science / machine learning libraries: Pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Applying unsupervised and/or supervised machine learning techniques
- Applying and/or developing algorithms based in statistical analysis
- Analyzing large datasets and building models to perform inference
- 5-9+ years of experience, preferably in software development or as a data scientist
- Must be willing to be submitted for a security clearance and must be able to successfully obtain a TS/SCI clearance with SSBI through this process
Desired skills (bonus points)
- MS or PhD in machine learning, computer science, mathematics, or relevant fields
- Experience with any of the following AI/ML domains:
- Reinforcement learning and familiarity with OpenAI Gym, RLlib, and Stable Baselines
- Applying clustering algorithms and/or deep neural networks to real life problems
- Object detection algorithms such as YOLO and Faster-RCNN
- Natural Language Processing and recurrent neural networks
- Generative Adversarial Networks and Variational Autoencoders
- Experience with Linux
- Familiarity with using AWS cloud computing resources such as EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.
- Experience implementing computer vision algorithms
- Experience with any of the following additional languages: C++, Java, and/or C#
- Experience implementing algorithms on the GPU in Python or C++ using CUDA and other CUDA libraries
- Experience with implementing tracking and fusion, and pattern-of-life algorithms
- Experience in application deployment, virtualization, and containerization
- Experience shaping and writing proposals
- You are the proud owner of a TS/SCI Clearance with SSBI
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.