About the Role:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of talent recruitment. The TA Specialist ensures that all applicants receive fair and equitable consideration in the hiring process. This position will provide a high level of service to all internal customers, including leadership, and hiring managers, while also providing all potential candidates with the utmost level of respect, integrity, and transparent communication. The TA Specialist will proactively partner with hiring managers to determine and understand their teams’ staffing needs and follow through with creative, energetic, and passionate outreach to potential candidates in the market. This role will have significant external contact and therefore is required to consistently represent Brinkman Construction in a highly professional manner.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a creative and comprehensive talent acquisition strategy that actively engages leadership, hiring managers, and other internal team members in the networking and recruiting processes
- Proactively assess and manage ongoing current and future anticipated staffing needs
- Develop creative and enticing job postings for all applicable posting platforms, including an internal applicant tracking system
- Actively monitor and manage all incoming resumes and applications, proactively and consistently communicating with applicants to ensure clarity and understanding of their status
- Actively manage people and resources required to attend networking events, career/job fairs, and other external recruiting opportunities, including communication, coordination, and accountability for hiring managers and others involved in the networking and recruiting process
- Effectively and efficiently search and top-quality candidates to fill open positions, utilizing the LinkedIn Recruiter module and other creative methods
- Proactively manage all applicable job posting platforms, including LinkedIn and other BCI career branding venues, working closely with the marketing team to ensure relevant, timely, and appropriate social media and career page information on all applicable platforms
- Screen selected job applicants for the ability to add to BCI’s culture as objectively as possible while also assessing work history, training, education, and required basic levels of technical knowledge and experience
- Schedule candidate interviews with hiring managers as applicable
- Ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion are a key part of the recruitment strategy
- Work with hiring managers to ensure appropriate reference checks are completed prior to making offers
- Coach and mentor hiring managers with interviewing skills, candidate communications, making verbal offers, and offer negotiation if/when necessary
- Manage offer letter process from creation and signature to presentation to candidates
- Ensure smooth handoff of newly hired candidates to the onboarding process
- Proactively build and maintain strong and positive relationships with career development offices, faculty, and other appropriate parties within selected colleges, universities, high schools, trade schools, and other applicable industry organizations and associations.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced/expert knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, hiring, and onboarding processes including proven creativity, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Passionate connector of people with the right career opportunity/path
- Advanced level experience with a variety of interview and selection methods
- General knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures including management of electronic files and records, calendars, and scheduling
- Strong social perceptiveness, emotional intelligence, and thoughtful awareness of others
- Calm, easygoing, but energetic individual with strong and effective verbal and written communication skills with a broad range of personalities
- Demonstrated tools and practices for time/task management
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Minimum Preferred Experience and Other Details
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, or related field, or equivalent career certification/experience
- 2-4+ years’ proven hands-on career experience as an internal recruiter or staffing agency recruiter within a fast-paced organization
- Experience with Paylocity or other applicant tracking systems required
- Strong experience with LinkedIn Recruiter module highly preferred
Base Salary: starting at $65,000 and pay is commensurate with technical skills and experience
Brinkman Construction is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision-making for future success.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons. Brinkman Construction also makes internal equity a consideration in all pay decisions.
About Our Company:
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman Construction is a 100% employee-owned company with projects spanning the entire Front Range. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of industry accolades such as Best Commercial Builder Runner-Up, Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and innumerable project-based awards, including Best Adaptive Reuse Project for The Exchange and Best Building Project for the Eating Recovery Center.
Our Core Values:
At Brinkman Construction, we’re Driven to Build, and our core values are the cornerstone of our success. They shape our culture, define our character, inform our vision and empower us to deliver on our mission.
Honest and Ethical
We are committed to attracting creative, collaborative construction professionals who exemplify our core values, and our culture and are empowered to contribute to - and benefit from - the growth and success of the organization.
Our Value Proposition:
Brinkman Construction employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, spot bonuses and our acclaimed Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), alongside flexible benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans, and a 401(k) match.
We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid parental leave and deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work, and play through our Volunteer Time Off and Brinkman Gives programs.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please note that Brinkman Construction does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies without a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement in place. In the absence of such an agreement, Brinkman explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire any candidate presented, without any financial obligation for recruiter commission or referral compensation. Any unsolicited resumes and/or candidate profiles presented by recruiters or employment agencies – including those presented directly to hiring managers – are deemed to be the property of Brinkman Construction.