Purpose and Scope:
Professional, energetic individual with full cycle property management accounting experience who communicates well at all levels, has the ability to multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
• Perform full cycle accounting including accounts payable, journal entries, monthly accruals and reconciliations.
• Generate monthly Rent Roll, review for accuracy.
• Prepare monthly tenant percentage rent calculation and billings.
• Enter daily cash receipts/tenant rents and monitor and actively pursue A/R balances.
• Maintain property management sub-ledger including both lease and billing information.
• Calculate monthly property management fees; process payments.
• Prepare month-end reporting packages, review and analyze variances; distribute to parties as required.
• Prepare complex annual NNN and utility reconciliations and related billings for Office and Retail tenants.
• Prepare/calculate/process monthly cash analysis, and Partner distributions.
• Prepare and coordinate quarterly lender draws.
• Prepare annual work papers and reconciliations for year-end tax returns.
• Prepare annual budget and quarterly financial forecast.
• Respond to audit inquiries from external auditors, owners and external business partners.
• Review new retail and office leases and lease amendments and create and adjust tenant billings based on a thorough understanding of lease terms.
• Respond to tenant questions regarding monthly charges, outstanding amounts due, annual CAM reconciliations.
• Complete special projects as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 3-5 years accounting experience, real estate accounting a plus; clear understanding of financial statements (GAAP).
• Candidate must be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, have strong technical aptitude; detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines in an environment with competing priorities.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
• Intermediate MS Excel and MS Word skills.
• Timberline and Kardin accounting software experience a preference.