The General Manager will be responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating operations and marketing for Annapolis Town Center, MD. The General Manager is accountable to protect, maintain, and enhance the value of assigned asset in order to maximize the owners’ financial return and for the benefit of the tenants, consumers, and the community.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Responsible for the fiscal management of the property (i.e. maintenance of A/R and A/P, operating expense control, completion of budgeted items and assistance in preparing budgets, monthly and annual financial reports, setup and termination of leases).
• Responsible for operational issues such as tenant transition, processing rent relief requests and collections.
• Responsible for the management of properties’ physical performance (i.e. bidding contracts, inspections, and signage approval).
• Responsible for the management of relations with tenants and vendors (i.e. addresses and follows up with tenant complaints via inspections, phone, correspondence and email and monitors vendors).
• Proactively works to identify issues and improve performance.
• Promotes effective business relationship to convey company operation policies.
• Ensures compliance with OSHA. Monitors crime statistics. Takes corrective action as needed.
• Coordinates and oversees retail marketing efforts.
• Helps coordinate tenant improvements.
• Works on special projects/ongoing initiatives according to current needs.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Competent presentation skills.
• Proficient shopping center marketing skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with strong organization and time-management skills.
• Leadership skills.
• Ability to identify problems and solve issues in a proactive manner.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• Quantitative and analytical skills.
• Retail shopping center marketing.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP, retail leasing and contract terminology.
• High level proficiency with current Microsoft Office software.
Education & Experience
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
• Four to six years operational experience in real estate industry.