Tired of the same ol' nonsense from your current company? Do you fantasize about quitting on a weekly basis? If so, consider joining Findorff. A company that works hard and plays hard. We appreciate that we're made of a band of brickies, fixers, masons, chippies, family-people, and community-people.
At Findorff, we push ourselves to build better by going beyond. For over 132 years, we’ve forged the foundation of one of the nation’s most trusted construction firms. But we’re so much more than hammers and nails. Here, we strengthen relationships and shape communities. And our real bottom line is our people.
Cement Finisher: A day in the life (if you want to work 9am-5pm in the AC, this job is NOT for you)
- tasks that involve a lot of physical labor
- smooth and finish surface of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, and sidewalks
- set and align forms that hold concrete
- pour, spread, and level concrete using rakes, shovels, trowels, screeds, and floats
- form expansions, joints, and edges
- monitor how wind, heat, or cold will affect the curing process of the concrete
- signal truck drivers and position trucks for facilitating the concrete pours
- a high level of physical fitness and stamina
- enjoyment in practical work
- working under strict deadlines
- understanding building plans and instructions
- good hand-eye coordination
- comfortable working from heights
- work as a team with other trades
- ability to communicate well
- willing to work in extreme weather conditions
- flexibility in hours and locations by job
Go ahead and apply. c'mon, you know you want to.