Are you a Sales Manager who has Aerospace Experience? Are you ready to take your manufacturing career to the next level in an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork and continuous improvement? Then come in and talk to us! Elliott Manufacturing in Binghamton, NY is the leading manufacturer of power transmission products for the aerospace, agricultural, commercial, defense, medical, marine, nuclear and lawn & garden industries.
Elliott is adding a Sales Manager (Aerospace Vertical) to their team. Reporting to the Elliott Sales Director, this position is responsible for driving sales to accelerate growth in our Aerospace Vertical. The Elliott Sales Manager - Aerospace will work collaboratively with sales, engineering, operations, and finance to sell and support the sale of our flexible shaft products.
- Establish new accounts by identifying potential customers; plan and organize sales call schedule.
- Identify and develop a 'funnel' of projects/opportunities within both existing and new accounts.
- Develop strategies to win new business and successfully grow existing accounts.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations, quotes, and proposals.
- Travel up to 60%.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of managing his/her own activities as well as those critical to his/her team.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects independently and in a team environment.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Demonstrated problem solving or “solutions seeking” approach to provide a high level of technical expertise in a prompt and timely fashion to sell and deliver customer service to exceed customer needs.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written and verbal responses.
- Must be highly organized and analytical and possess the ability to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical aptitude, strong data analysis, and communication skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Experience and/or Training:
- 3+ years of recent sales success in an aerospace sales/business development role.
- Ability to analyze, communicate and present information accurately and succinctly.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and professional development.
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities – ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Capability to meet deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency using electronic spreadsheets, word processing, preferably Microsoft Office applications.
Technology/Equipment: Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint & Word, Network Operating System