Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Internship is a minimum of 12 up to 24 hours on average per week, and varies subject to event driven scheduling
Do you want to supplement your education with actual hands-on experience in an environment where you will face new challenges every day? Our multi-venue event complex is looking for new student interns who actively want to help drive improvements and assist our business by providing support to develop the tools to deploy against the challenges we face. Every day offers new, exciting challenges. Some days you might be expected to perform clerical work, while at other times you will have a chance to support events behind the scenes to see what really goes into those concerts or activities you have read about, or possibly attended. Apply to be an intern today and potentially earn school credit (depending on major, and university requirements and allowance for intern credit).
Under general supervision and OTJ education, identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered by facility-wide users of various services; install, and troubleshoot networking cabling systems; install and configure network equipment; install, configure, monitor and troubleshoot a wide range of network and data communications software and hardware. The position includes the testing and troubleshooting of wiring problems.
- Gain understanding of facility’s switch closet and work within that closet to identify, label, inventory, clean, and sort all switches
- Install patch panels in server room racks
- Research and support system and network upgrades
- Learn, develop or review site maps, and install access points based on those maps
- Cabling and switch out of old lines to new
- Be willing to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field
- Willing to commit to the intern position for four months.
- Willing to learn and get hands-on experience
- Able to commit at least 12 hours a week to be physically present at the facility
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.