For over 50 years, Legal Aid Chicago has provided free civil legal assistance to people living in poverty in metropolitan Chicago. Each year our attorneys, volunteers, and staff help resolve civil legal problems, including domestic violence, consumer fraud, and unfair evictions. Legal Aid Chicago was founded on the philosophy that all individuals are entitled to quality civil legal representation, regardless of their income. We work to ensure that poverty is not an impediment to justice by dismantling the legal barriers that perpetuate inequality. Legal Aid Chicago staff live our mission through our core values of equity, excellence, inclusion, kindness, and respect.
Position: The System Administrator works closely with the IT Operations Manager and Director of Information Technology and is responsible for system administration of the IT servers and systems, providing input and completing tasks on major technology projects, and providing technical support to staff. This is a full-time position that reports to the IT Operations Manager.
This position is hybrid and weekly in-office attendance will be required.
- Manage IT Servers and Systems. Manage and troubleshoot all network servers; telephony equipment, electronic communications systems, routers, firewalls, switches, and gateway security devices.
- Resolve Help Desk Escalations and Provide After-Hours Support. Assist the Service Desk Analysts/Specialists and Systems Administrators with help desk functions, assess and resolve situations that are escalated from them, and provide after-hours support to users when necessary.
- Assist in Developing Department Policies and Procedures. Assist with the design and implementation of new technologies, and provide input on major technology projects, develop service level agreements (SLAs), and review, develop, and implement IT guidelines and documentation.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Legal Aid Chicago offers a comprehensive benefits package, including low-cost employer-paid health plan options, employer-provided group life and long-term disability insurance, fitness center access, generous paid time off, and much more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in IT service management
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft 365/Office 365 administration
- Fortinet firewalls & software experience required
- Knowledge and experience administering Exchange Online/Teams/Mobile Device Management/OneDrive amongst others
- Experience administrating, maintaining, and monitoring active directory, group policy, DHCP, and DNS in an enterprise environment
- Solid knowledge and understanding of SCCM clients (hardware/software) including but not limited to installing, configuring, maintaining, optimizing, and supporting clients
- Virtual Server management with either VMWare or Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012/2016 administration and support of Windows 10 desktops/laptops
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail. Proven record of follow-through on assigned tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge and experience in PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Cisco UCCX/CUCM
- ITIL 4 certification
- Previous law firm or non-profit experience
- Previous experience supervising staff
Cover letter, resume, and the contact information of two professional references are required to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled.
Legal Aid Chicago is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age religion, marital or parental status, alienage, disability, political affiliation or belief, military or military discharge status, or ex-offender status. Applicants who have experiences with our client communities are encouraged to apply.