Trellance is a leading provider of business analytics and technology consulting for credit unions, helping them meet the financial needs of today’s digital consumer. With a comprehensive suite of data science solutions, professional staffing and professional services, the Trellance team ensures credit unions increase efficiency, manage risk, and improve member experience. As credit unions’ tech partner, Trellance brings them to the next frontiers of fintech, filled with powerful tools such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. Data In. Insights out. Learn more at Trellance.com.
The Lead, Enterprise Database Administration is responsible for leading the DBA community. They are the individual to which all other DBAs in the company look to for guidance. This role will primarily develop, foster, and communicate the strategic direction, the best practices, and the process guard rails for the community. Secondarily, the leader will step in and help other community members in their Product pursuits while continuing to lead and foster the DBA community. This right candidate will promote a customer first, agile and product focused community. This is a hands-on leadership role.
- Lead the DBA community to achieve high levels of operational excellence supporting MS SQL Server Databases running in client’s data center, Trellance’s cloud, and Snowflake running in Azure.
- Work closely with Client Support team to manage Jira support ticket queue and measure and promote efficiency in the processing and completion of tickets.
- Maintain relevant updates to the System Requirements document and ensure details are shared both internally and client facing.
- Contribute to data recovery, maintenance, data integrity, and space requirements for physical database being met through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
- Audit the current environments, provide capacity planning, and best practices for the future production / development / test environments, which may include establishing new standards and procedures.
- Develop strategies to maintain and support all databases with a goal to maximize availability and uptime.
- Maintain and improve best practices and standardize processes across the database team.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiency through innovation and integration.
- Author SOPs, configuration specifications and related technical documentation
- Implement solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Monitor performance issues on all production and non-production databases (as applicable) implementing performance monitoring and trending on all production and applicable non-production databases with tools.
- Design, document, and implement performance enhancing hardware, OS, or database configuration changes to improve performance.
- Work closely with internal teams such as Development, QA, IT Ops, Implementations, and external clients on complex system changes.
- Collaborate with business partners to resolve any database policy compliance and vulnerability issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of six (6) years of experience in the specific or related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
- Experience with hands-on managerial/leadership (5 days per week in-office).
- 10+ years of MS SQL Server database administration experience.
- 3+ years in a team leadership role with multiple direct reports.
- Thorough working knowledge of ETL processes with a broad range of transforming data from various sources.
- Competent in performance-tuning, query optimization and security of the database.
- Working knowledge of Change Data Capture (CDC).
- Windows Server OS experience including hardware and performance monitoring referred.
- Understanding of virtual machines (VMware, Hyper-V…) and how they affect SQL Server performance a plus.
- Knowledge of data warehouse/BI solutions.
- Experience with MS SQL in MS Azure or other cloud system.
- Knowledge of Cloud based servers and infrastructure, a plus.
- Knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS), a plus.