American Farmland Trust is the only national organization that takes a holistic approach to agriculture, focusing on the land itself, the agricultural practices used on that land, and the farmers and ranchers who do the work. Since our founding in 1980, AFT has helped permanently protect over 6.5 million acres of agricultural lands, advanced environmentally-sound farming practices on millions of additional acres, and helped thousands of farm families make a go of it (primarily through programs that increase farm viability and/or enhance farmland access). Long a pioneering leader, AFT is now riding a new wave of growth, driven by agriculture’s most pressing needs and opportunities.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are inclusive. We embrace differences. We recognize and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all our employees. We celebrate the unique traditions, heritages, and experiences our employees bring to the workplace. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive culture that promotes and values diversity, and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Farmland Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
American Farmland Trust seeks a candidate to join the Development team as the Development Coordinator. This position provides support to the AFT Development team, working on projects as assigned by the Deputy Director of Development Operations and supporting the Individual Giving team. This person will help in advancing fundraising efforts by assisting with gift processing, reconciling, and acknowledgement; working with the Finance team and collaborating on other projects as assigned.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Providing support in revenue tracking, gift processing, acknowledgement, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Maintaining absolute accuracy in the processing and keying of new gifts and ensure proper financial coding in data entry.
- Working with the Deputy Director of Development Operations and the AFT Finance team in reconciling revenue in Raiser’s Edge and Intacct.
- Assisting in the development of a standardized reconciliation process so data between systems is reconciled on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Maintain accurate donor records and ensure consistency and quality of information in the database.
- Ensuring AFT’s various donor management and fundraising systems that include Raiser’s Edge, Salsa, CardPointe and Charity Engine are coordinated to achieve development goals.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Strong computer skills; willing to learn specialized software (familiarity with donor database software a plus).
- Familiarity and ability to communicate about financial processes and accounting best practices.
- High degree of organizational skills and meticulous detail required.
- Excellent data analytics and critical thinking skills as well as technical knowledge of digital fundraising practices and techniques.
- Have sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor information.
- Innovative self-starter, creative thinker, demonstrated initiative, able to work independently, confident decision maker with a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. The person in this position frequently communicates with partners, stakeholders and staff who have inquiries and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Team player and ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, stay organized, meet deadlines, and follow through independently.
- Flexibility to adapting work capacity to the needs of the department.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent.
- 1-3+ years of development experience; non-profit experience a bonus.
Why you should apply
- Be a part of a purpose-driven, committed, knowledgeable, high-performing, experienced and fun team
- A diverse and inclusive work environment
- A cause and mission you can be proud of
- Competitive compensation & Benefits
- Remote work opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
Ready to apply? If this job sounds like a fit for you, then click on the ‘apply’ button below.