Department: Behavioral Health Services
Supervisor: Medical Director
The general objective of this position is to be responsible for the management and treatment of
Psychiatric patients where the treatment could include psychiatric evaluations, pharmacotherapy and medication management with follow up to maintain the stability of the patient that is treated. Services will be provided to individuals’ ages 2.5 years and older.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides psychiatric services to all APM clients, consisting of an initial psychiatric
- Evaluation, a medication check and a follow-up psychiatric evaluation.
- Completes a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation including but not limited to making DSM V diagnosis, assessing medical, social and environmental factors that support the diagnosis, providing clear justification for prescribing medications. Makes client’s referral and recommendations to an in-patient unit when needed.
- Assisting or recommending the use of PA 302-303 Mental Health procedures act system and filing child line reports as a mandated reporter.
- Reviews and signs the Recovery Plan of all patients, including making recommendations and assisting Mental Health Therapists in the formulation of the patient Recovery Plan.
- Signs and produces client reports requested by SSI, SSA, MA or any private insurance company. Report could be produced by the Mental Health Therapist, Clinical Director, or any other clinical personnel as long as the physician is satisfied that the report is properly prepared.
- Contacts any care companies, support services and other involved agencies as needed.
- Attends Staff Meetings and Case Consultation Meeting when the Medical, VP of Health and/or Clinical Supervisor considers it necessary or when the Therapist requests such a meeting.
- Maintains updates and signs medication notes and the medication log sheets, consent to medication documents ensuring to provide psychopharmacological education to all patients.
- Reviews and signs the CBE (part one) completed by the Mental Health Therapist to ensure accuracy and congruency of information gathered in the evaluation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
APM is an equal opportunity employer.
- A doctoral degree in medicine or osteopathy from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy in the United States of America or a valid doctoral degree from a foreign school of medicine and evidence of successful completion of the E.C.F.M.G.
- A completed psychiatry residence in an A.C.G.M.E. The Medical Director should be an American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc. diplomat in general psychiatry and/or child and adolescent psychiatry and/or psychiatric subspecialties with 2 years of additional specialized training in psychiatric work with children, adolescents, and their families in an accredited residency in child and adolescent psychiatry. (e.g. addition psychiatry, psychosomatic medicine, forensic, geriatric, psychiatric as indicated.)
- A current and valid Pennsylvania medical license.
- A complete listing of all health care setting wherein privileges have been granted.
- A listing, upon request, or location, and date and reasons for denial/revocation/termination of clinical privileges that have been granted at any and all health care setting.
- Evidence of a current National Practitioners Date Bank (N.P.D.B) check.
- Valid and current D.E.A. certification.
- Current, good-standing enrollment in the P.A. Medical Assistance Program.
- Professional liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $500,000 per occurrence and $1,500,000 in the aggregate along with evidence of participation in the P.A. Medical Care Availability and Reduction of Error (M-CARE) Fund.
- Compliance with all state and discipline-specific standards and regulations, including CPSL training.
- Valid Child Abuse (Act 33), Criminal History, and FBI Clearances, CPSL training certificate.
- Participation in and completion of all CBH mandatory in-services (must be completed within three (3) months of hire and annually from the date of the initial training).
- Preference will be given to bilingual (English and Spanish) candidates.