U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
We’re looking for a strong full-stack software engineer to join the small but growing team responsible for developing and maintaining U.S. Soccer’s commercial applications, including ussoccer.com, our mobile app back end, internal web applications, and various integrations with external marketing, commerce, and analytics applications. This means building platforms for content and e-commerce experiences tailored for U.S. Soccer’s most avid fans, managing our cloud computing instances in AWS and Azure, building ETL pipelines such that we have a sophisticated and hygienic view of our customer/player/coach/referee data, and provisioning cloud infrastructure as needed throughout the organization. You’ll also be a voice for Engineering in Agile ceremonies, working closely with the Product Owners to plan sprints, estimate effort, and deliver products on schedule.
As part of U.S. Soccer’s engineering team, you’ll be solving problems on both the Commercial and Sporting sides of the organization. You’ll work with various teams, including Digital Products, Sporting Analytics, Data Science, Coaching Education, and Core IT to grow the sport and the business.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and the product team in agile environment to design, develop, and test new features across web, app, and underlying code base
- Identify, test, and propose improvements to the existing infrastructure for maintainability and scalability, and to accelerate functionality and performance
- Participate in agile ceremonies to refine backlog, estimate tasks, and plan sprints
- Understand Product constructs and participate in ideating solutions for the customer
- Participate in DevOps process – code reviews, bug fixes, release deployments
- Support and triage issues with Product and Marketing teams
- Explore and learn new technologies as they become relevant to our products
- Contribute to building a culture of high-performing engineers. Commitment to quality and timely delivery of tasks
- BS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of Software Development experience -- able to develop scalable, reliable applications with minimal supervision
- Foundational understanding of OOP design principles
- Professional experience working in C# or React, preferably both
- Strong CS fundamentals, understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Git or a similar version control system
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks based on impact
- Experience with cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, etc.
- Passion for soccer
- A solid understanding of the soccer landscape in the United States
- Experience with TypeScript and/or python
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Want to be part of a team that wins
- Able to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills