The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for effective and efficient processing of vendor invoices and payment of cash disbursements. This role is part of the finance shared services team, providing accounts payable support for domestic business units. This individual must have strong IT systems knowledge due to the use of invoice automation software (Basware) and to support invoice processing on multiple ERP systems. The accounts payable associate is also responsible for maintaining relationships with vendors and communicating with buyers/planners as well as other members of the finance team.
- Enter invoices to be paid in accordance with business unit policy and approval matrix, includes keying and matching to purchase orders
- Process timely and accurate payments in accordance with the AP payment schedule
- Analyze differences between purchase orders and invoices to resolve discrepancies
- Work with vendors, buyers, and respective business unit personnel to resolve problem invoices
- Create and generate reports in Microsoft Excel and accounts payable software applications
- Provide timely and accurate responses to inquiries from vendors and internal customers
- Adhere to accounts payable best practices, service level agreement and internal controls
- Document and update AP policies and procedures as necessary
- Provide Continuous Process Improvements in AP Process Flow
- Performs other duties assigned.
Education: Associates Degree or higher preferred
Experience and/or Training:
- 3+ years’ experience of accounts payable processing experiences
- Prior experience with ERP systems
- Basware experience or experience with Invoice Automation a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with 3-way purchase order matching in the software system
- Demonstrates ability to independently analyze problems, opportunities and circumstances and their potential impacts on the Business and make effective recommendations/decisions
- Demonstrates capability to listen and communicate orally and in writing to a wide spectrum of team members and businesses supported
- Ability to work and solve problems independently and perform under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong skills in problem solving, and attention to detail
- Effectively interact with people at all levels of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic understanding of accounting functions
- Knowledge of commonly used accounts payable concepts, practices, and procedures.
Technology/Equipment: Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications