A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
“Positivity,” “community” and “collaboration” are a few of the most commonly used words to describe Galloway in our employee surveys, and we think those words truly describe the attributes of our team. We continually strive to provide an exceptional environment that fosters our purpose of “enriching people’s passions.” We are honored to be repeatedly recognized through numerous awards that include Top Workplace USA 2021 and 2022; Denver Post Top Workplace 2018 – 2022; Denver Business Journal Best Place to Work 2019 – 2022, Zweig Group Top Firm to Work For 2020 – 2022, and Zweig Group Hot Firm 2021.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a Survey Project Manager to add to our team in Colorado Springs, CO. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and passionate self-starter to work directly with local and national land development projects. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary office environment. The Survey Project Manager leads a survey team in the collection, processing, and verification of survey data, preparation of survey drawings, as-builts, and construction stakeout deliverables. Oversees the development of subdivision plats, Records of Survey and LSP’s and client invoicing. This position is also responsible for developing survey opportunities outside clients. This position will also require close coordination with Galloway's internal clients.
- Takes an active role in hiring, coaching, mentoring, and delegating responsibility to less-senior level staff; provides daily “on-the-job” training for team members.
- Responsible for clear communication with Clients in the performance and preparation of all survey services provided.
- Responsible for business development with both external and internal clients.
- Responsible for creating property boundaries for roads, pipelines, facility sites, subdivisions, and other right of ways and easements by visibly marking location boundaries under the direction of the survey project manager.
- Responsible for collection and processing of 3-dimensional field data.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of survey documents and computations associated with boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographical surveys, etc.
- Research project information.
- Review and evaluate survey field notes with survey staff.
- Prepare and oversee the survey drawings and descriptions utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or other related software packages as directed.
- Responsible for the preparation and oversight of construction surveying and layout services including:
- Construction plan interpretation.
- Calculations of points, alignments, DXFs, and other data utilizing Civil 3D and other related software to provide to field crews for staking.
- Performance and preparation of construction as-builts.
- Use and understand surveying terminology by reviewing applicable reference materials and location-specific statutes and requirements and by communicating with other survey staff.
- Use and understand surveying procedures and regulations by following appropriate Galloway Standards.
- Minimum of high school or technical school training with courses in survey technology, or equivalent experience.
- PLS preferred, LSI required.
- Eight to ten years of survey experience is required.
- Willingness to travel for short periods.
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Experience.
- Possesses a working knowledge of land surveying and equipment use.
- Possesses a high degree of understanding of the principles and practices of surveying.
- Possesses a high degree of understanding of easements and related research.
- Possesses a solid understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other survey-related programs.
- Ability to read plans and understand boundary and topography.
- Understands project schedules and budgets; is able to work efficiently within project guidelines.
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner within the team and with other disciplines working on the project.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability and willingness to travel for short periods of time.
- Possesses and maintains a current driver’s license in good standing.
The estimated starting salary pay range for this role is $82,000-$100,000.
Health & Wellness:
- Health Insurance – We offer comprehensive healthcare benefits for individuals and families through Cigna Health Insurance, with the choice of two plan options.
- Dental Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly dental insurance premium for a staff member and 50% of the premium for their family.
- Vision Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly vision insurance premium for a staff member (family members can be added on for dollars a month).
- Hearing Aids are covered at deductible/co-insurance for in-network plans.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement – Galloway-supported assistance in offsetting costs of high-deductible healthcare plan option.
- Short and Long-Term Disability – We cover 100% of the long-term and short-term disability premium.
- Life Insurance – We cover 100% of the premium for a life insurance policy that is equal to the annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program – Confidential guidance and resources for employees and immediate family members. Galloway covers 100% at no charge for the employee.
- ThrivePass Wellness Savings Account – Company-provided funds can be used for a wide variety of personal health and fitness-related reimbursements.
- Flex Spending Account.
- Pay For Performance Bonuses.
- 401(K) Plan – Additionally, we contribute a profit-sharing bonus to each individual’s plan, based on total compensation.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Flexible Work Schedule - Includes opportunity to flex extra hours worked.
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year.
- 8 Paid Volunteer Hours Every Year.
- Identity Theft Protection – We cover 100% of the monthly premium for the employee and family plans can be added for dollars a month.
- Anniversary Bonus Program Starts at 5 Years.
Growth & Mentorship:
- Structured Mentorship Program.
- Annual Growth/Performance Reviews.
- Diversity Groups – Check out the “About” section on our website to learn more about our diversity initiatives!
Galloway & Company, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.