The Senior Cost Accountant is a key member of the Weasler Engineering Finance department, with responsibility for maintaining standard cost information, monitoring production transactions and processing, analyzing, and reporting manufacturing variances, and maintaining the accuracy of inventory at two manufacturing facilities. This role interfaces with Operations and Supply Chain regularly to support key improvement and cost saving initiatives.
This position provides opportunities for business analysis and serves as an excellent opportunity for career-growth within Weasler Engineering and the CentroMotion finance organization. The position resides at Weasler’s facility in West Bend, Wisconsin.
- Develop product costs including elements for freight, duty, labor, and factory overhead burdens.
- Maintain standard costing information including bill of materials and overheads.
- Oversee the cycle counting program and report results to Operations and Finance leaders.
- Perform monthly closing activities and issue summary reports of inventories, purchase price variance, product line profitability, and operating results to business leaders.
- Monitor and review production transactions to ensure integrity of related inventory transactions. Research transactional errors, determine root-cause and implement solutions.
- Proactively partner with Operations and Supply Chain functions on root cause analysis and solution development.
- Coordinate the annual Operations budgeting process.
- Manage fixed assets, including the capital expenditure approval process, tracking capital project costs, reporting of capital spending, depreciation calculations and disposals of fixed assets.
- Work closely with manufacturing and supply chain functions on various projects focused on cost savings and process improvement.
- Performs special projects and financial analysis based on requests.
- Perform other duties (as assigned).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
Experience and/or Training:
- 5 to 10 years in a general accounting or financial analyst role.
- Ability to analyze, communicate and present information accurately and succinctly.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and professional development.
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities – ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Capability to meet deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with accounting and reporting functions in an ERP system
- Proficiency using electronic spreadsheets, word processing, preferably Microsoft Office applications.