ABC Home & Commercial Services is independently owned and offers residential and commercial services, specializing in all types of insect, termite, rodent and bird control; lawn services; and air conditioning and heating, plumbing, electrical, and handyman services. At ABC, we believe in building long-term, trusting relationships with customers and with our employees. Our employees quickly learn how 'special' it is to become a 'specialist' at ABC and to be part of a team that believes in fulfilling commitments, serving others, supporting families, and building our community. When customers choose ABC, they quickly learn that their needs will be met by trained professional specialists who provide responsible, reliable, and superior service.
**NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY** ABC provides extensive training upon hire.
Responsibilities for a Lawn Care-Mole Technician:
- Provide service to our residential customers by making timely lawn applications using proper technique and diagnosing and correcting customer problems while in the field
- Achieve weekly production goals
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to explain our programs to current and prospective customers
- Maintain truck and equipment by cleaning daily and storing properly
- Perform lawn care services, including fertilization, weed control, aeration, etc.
- Provide professional, courteous customer service
- Provide quotes and/or lawn analysis
- Make field sales as required
- This position involves physical labor and work outdoors analyzing and treating lawns and landscapes with fertilizers, weed control agents, insect control agents and other products, and performing other beneficial lawn, landscape, and soil treatments.
- Lawn Care Technicians will regularly be exposed to chemicals while using appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Drive company truck to various customer locations throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area and operate a variety of powered and non-powered equipment, including hand-held and push spreaders, backpack sprayers, powered hose-end tank sprayers, motorized riding sprayer/spreaders, and aerating machines.
- Maintain accurate records of applications made and product used, and complete customer invoice forms with appropriate post-treatment care instructions.
- Address questions or concerns customers may have concerning conditions affecting their lawns and landscapes, treatments proposed or performed, and other matters concerning their relationship with the Company.
- Recognize and distinguish between damage caused by insect, disease, lack or excess of water, lack or excess of sun/shade, or other cause, based on symptoms exhibited
Qualifications for a Lawn Care-Mole Technician:
- Ability to maintain and personify our core values - positive attitude, customer first, professionalism, dedicated, and have a desire to succeed
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to walk long distances and work in various weather conditions
- Previous lawn care experience a plus, but not needed
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of turf grasses and weeds common to North Texas; be able to recognize and diagnose issues commonly affecting North Texas turf grasses and landscapes
- Have a valid Texas driver license with a clean driving record; be able to drive a company truck and to operate a variety of equipment, including but not limited to tank sprayers, backpack sprayers, push spreaders, motorized riding sprayer/spreaders, and aerating machines
- Ensure proper calibration of equipment
- Be able to lift 50 lbs. independently and on a regular basis
- Calculate and accomplish accurate product application rates according to label instructions
- Accurately and legibly record data concerning each treatment made
- Communicate professionally and courteously one-on-one with customers
- Must be fluent in English (both written and verbal)