Department: Student Life
Job Status: Part-Time
FLSA Status: N/A
Reports To: Director of Center for SSE
Amount of Travel Required: Some travel required
Work Schedule: 20-25 hours weekly
Positions Supervised: N/A
The GA for the Center for Student Support and Engagement will assist Center Director in daily operations. This includes engagement of undergraduates, campus events, recruitment, and social media presence. GA will serve as a resource person in the absence of Center Director.
Graduate Assistants act as helpers to their departments, students or professors in a research or administrative capacity. Their primary responsibilities include assisting with various administrative tasks, organizing campus events and conducting various research tasks.
For students intending to get an MBA:
GA positions require a two year commitment to the College. GA’s cannot complete the MBA program in less than two calendar years.
- You must first apply and be accepted into the MBA program in order to be selected for a Graduate Assistant position.
- You must receive a GA position before being enrolled in any MBA courses; once you have been enrolled in any MBA courses you are no longer eligible to receive a GA position.
- Lastly, individuals must remain in good-standing in the graduate program in order to continue in the GA position.
- Assist the Director with development, coordination, and implementation of educational and cultural programs
- Responsible for organizing Center engagement events
o Book Clubs
o Bible Study
- Tasked with creating and operating social media presence for Center (including Freedom Fellows)
- Assist with researching topics relating to student engagement, student success, and cultural inclusion and preparing reports of findings
- Attend meetings, serve on committees, and work on group projects at the request of Director
- Tasked with recruitment of first-generation, minority, and low-income students into programs of distinction (particularly Freedom Fellows and Gregorian Fellows Leadership Program)
- History and Awareness month initiatives (Black History Month, Black Catholic History Months, National Hispanic Heritage Month, MLK Day)
- Serve on college committees as assigned
- Assume any additional duties and responsibilities that may be assigned
- May supervise student work-study and/or student volunteers/interns
- Knowledgeable of student success tactics
- Well-informed on current events and research trends applicable to Center for Student Support and Engagement
- Commitment to the Benedictine College mission
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding and proficient use of social media (Twitter and Instagram)
- Diversity and multicultural education initiatives within a faith-based institution
- Campus leadership roles
- Full tuition waiver (books and fees not included)
Handling / Fingering F
Reach Outward O
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
Push / Pull
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs F
41-100 lbs O
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs C
21-50 lbs C
51-100 lbs F
Over 100 lbs O
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)