SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Under supervision of the Lead Administrative Assistant, this employee provides an exceptional guest service experience to our guests and visitors and may assist with various administrative projects from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Welcome guests and check-in using up-to-date office policies and procedures (re: COVID).
2. At times, may provide short office tours to visitors and show them to their meeting space. Provide assistance and light refreshments to visitors as needed.
3. Alert SERA staff to greet their guests.
4. Answer questions and offer support to guests and staff.
5. Monitor the Reception Outlook inbox.
6. Support staff with Outlook calendar scheduling.
7. May assist with projects that would not distract from a customer service focus.
8. Champion for SERA’s commute data and data entry for Carbon Tracking program.
9. Backup support to the Receptionist, including answering phones, directing delivery personnel, etc.
Education + Experience
· High School Diploma required.
· Preferred proficiency in MS Office Suite.
What you'll bring:
· Strong time-management and prioritization skills.
· Professional demeanor in person and over the phone.
· Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure.
· Ability to work collectively with the administrative team associates.
· Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
· Flexible – can do attitude.
· Firm sense of responsibility.
· Ability to perform a high degree of physical activity several hours every day including walking, lifting, and climbing several flights of stairs.
· The ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
· Availability to work early morning shifts
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.