At Merchants Capital we have experienced enormous growth across our affordable housing and market-rate conventional portfolios and we are active throughout 44 states nationwide. This growth means we need more support and expertise in our marketing team. As an Event Planning/Marketing Coordinator, every day is different, you will have the opportunity to work across many subject areas including social media, public relations, event planning, presentations, graphic design, and marketing campaign support. Our team supports HQ in Indiana as well as five regional offices throughout the U.S. We have many challenging priorities, and it is essential that we are constantly in sync to ensure we deliver best-in-class service and support to the entire Merchants Capital platform. Do you want to join a team where you can experience the creativity and flexibility of a small lender, with all the capabilities of a large institution? If yes, then apply TODAY!
In one year as our Event Planning/Marketing Coordinator, you will know you were successful if you…
- Support the marketing manager with planning, implementing, and monitoring marketing campaigns
- Assist with the production of marketing materials, presentations, and collateral pieces. Prepare, format, and edit a wide range of documents.
- Coordinate the purchase of corporate branded merchandise and client gifts
- Plan, organize, and coordinate national marketing events such as conferences, webinars, and trade shows. Attend events as needed as a representative of Merchants Capital.
- Maintain conference, sponsorship, and event tracking lists and marketing database
- Identify marketing trends, industry pulse, and key opportunities for innovation and prepare market research
- Prepare social media posts and maintain/update Merchants Capital’s corporate website
- Organize efforts surrounding annual employee training and team-building event
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field preferred
- 3 plus years of proven experience in marketing and event coordination
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; social media or PR campaign experience a plus
- Knowledge of relevant event, marketing, and design tools and applications such as Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Suite, and Mailchimp
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to travel on a limited basis to industry conferences and corporate events
With over 30 years of experience, financial services company Merchants Capital is recognized as one of the top multifamily and affordable lenders nationwide. Merchants Capital is a full-service debt and equity provider and servicer for the refinance, acquisition, new construction, and substantial rehabilitation of multifamily, affordable, senior, and student housing. Merchants Capital is also a tax credit equity syndicator, delivering the best-in-class financing on all aspects of affordable housing transactions. Merchants Capital provides the best origination and service of its loan and investment products with exceptional customer service, accuracy, creativity, speed, and conformance to regulations. Merchants Capital has originated and closed more than $22 billion in financing and now services more than $14.8 billion. To learn more, visit www.merchantscapital.com.