Part-time (50% FTE)
Monday-Friday, 8 AM-12 Noon
Flexible work hours upon request
The main responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to Directors and Managers and then to the business in general.
The selected candidate will exhibit a professional image to interact with the public and have excellent attention to detail as they provide these support functions for a highly productive and evolving microbiology laboratory while maintaining client confidentiality.
Experience (>3 years) as an administrative assistant or in another administrative role, with a preference for prior experience working in a medical setting. The candidate must be efficient, able to multitask, and have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. A willingness to master new software and technology is required and prior familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and Word) and Smartsheet is preferred. Prior exposure to training in HR related duties is also desired.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to Directors, Managers, and other JMI personnel as needed.
- Liaise between internal departments and Element, the parent company.
- Onboard new employees alongside Accounting, Directors, IT, and Managers.
- Aid with offboarding tasks for departing employees.
- Create and maintain personnel files locally on behalf of Element HR.
- Assist the Publications Manager with LinkedIn, SharePoint, and Twitter.
- Maintain various company databases stored in Smartsheet.
- Route documents to be executed through DocuSign.
- Coordinate staff travel for business meetings, conferences, and other functions.
- Schedule internal meetings.
- Answer the multi-line phone system.
- Support and perform the Administration Coordinator’s tasks in that person's absence.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc duties.
Primary supervision is received from the Operations Manager.
Part-time employees are not eligible for health and dental benefits.
Part-time employees can participate in the 401K program if they hit the minimums required.