Trellance is a leading provider of business analytics and technology consulting for credit unions, helping them meet the financial needs of today’s digital consumer. With a comprehensive suite of data science solutions, professional staffing and professional services, the Trellance team ensures credit unions increase efficiency, manage risk, and improve member experience. As credit unions’ tech partner, Trellance brings them to the next frontiers of fintech, filled with powerful tools such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.
The SQL Database Administrator position is part of a development team and involves collaborating closely with ETL developers, product managers, implementation and support, IT Operations, and QA analysts. In this role, you will leverage your passion for MSSQL Server technologies including support and implementing solutions to meet high visibility business demands.
· Work with DBA team to develop solutions that meet business goals.
· Contribute to data recovery, maintenance, data integrity, and space requirements for physical database being met through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
· Audit the current environments, provide capacity planning, and best practices for the future production / development / test environments, which may include establishing new standards and procedures.
· Optimize SQL queries.
· Provide performance improvement solutions; socialize with development teams.
· Clearly communicate status of open issues to stakeholders.
· Assist with installation, configuration, upgrade of SQL Server.
· Maintain database maintenance plans for index rebuild/defragment and database statistics.
· Develop and maintain SQL standards.
· Maintain and administer database security access.
· Work closely with internal teams such as development, QA, IT and implementations and external clients on complex system changes.
· Collaborate with business partners to resolve any database policy compliance and vulnerability issues.
· Follow Change Management processes to implement database configuration changes.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the specific or related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of six (6) years of experience in the field.
- Recent 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL design and development and database administration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016 + preferred.
- Strong T-SQL experience required.
- Proficiency with SSMS and SSIS required.
- Proven experience in SQL database performance tuning.
- In depth knowledge of interpreting SQL explain plans.
- In depth knowledge of log analysis.
- Working knowledge of ETL processes with a broad range of transforming data from various sources.
- Working knowledge of performance-tuning, query optimization and security of the database.
- Working knowledge of Change Data Capture (CDC).
- Windows Server OS experience including hardware and performance monitoring preferred.
- Understanding of virtual machines (VMware, Hyper-V) and how they affect SQL Server performance a plus.
- Knowledge of data warehouse/BI solutions.
- Knowledge of Cloud based servers and infrastructure, a plus.
- Knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS), a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.