Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Junior Systems Administrator with the following skills in the Fort Eustis area. The position requires a candidate to have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Daily network and Windows client operations and support.
- Data and application backups, Information Systems troubleshooting, and Information Systems vulnerability scanning and mitigation.
- Creating and updating technical documentation (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Research capabilities and troubleshooting software application issues to achieve the highest level of network efficiency.
- Aid engineering staff with hardware, software, and project-specific system support.
- Provide input, response, and completion reports when applicable to Information Systems data-call audits.
- Work closely with customer and government IT authorities to maintain system integrity and operational availability.
- Respond to questions/ trouble calls from on-site users in-coming calls, evaluate and analyze compatibility with supported computer configurations, and provide solutions
- Respond to support desk walk-in notifications
- Assist customers with all technical aspects of the system
- Manage IT incidents and requests received via telephone, email, or Help Desk application
- Incident logging through the Help Desk application and managing/prioritizing workload
- Provide first-level technical support using documented procedures and available tools in order to achieve first contact resolution
- Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to resolve help desk and follow guidelines in issuing service calls/contacts
- Escalate problems when unable to make the proper determination
- Advise and educate customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions
- Identify and provide input on unique or recurring customer problems
- Respond to inquiries pertaining to desktop issues, application software and/or hardware, user account security, communications, system policy guidance, laptops, software, printers, document scanners, audio-visual equipment, handheld devises network service outages/disruptions, and enterprise server outages/disruptions
- Follow up cases and requests to completion
- Remote user administration
- Maintain a support -ticket log and record on a daily basis all trouble calls, work orders, and oral requests for assistance
- Escalate tickets to problem management staff as required
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing with a positive customer service attitude
- Have current DoD8570 certification or obtain DoD8570 certification within 120 days of employment
- Previous Help Desk experience
- Ability to diagnose the cause of problems in a complex environment and to provide effective solutions quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience administering MS Windows (OS and desktop) required
- Experience with Blackboard Learn™ a strong plus.
- Strong Microsoft Outlook experience required
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Experience in an end user-based environment
- Excellent communication skills required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Secret clearance REQUIRED
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period.
Choisys is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
E-Verify Participation Poster: Click Here
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: https://www.e-verify.gov/