The Director of Sales & Marketing - Americas is responsible for leading the Americas team of OE sales managers tasked with attaining sales plan objectives. This position is responsible for planning and managing all sales activities within the assigned market, customer or channel to drive increase in market share. They will provide business intelligence and market direction by, establishing clear goals, strategies and initiatives. This role is also responsible for Marketing, Customer service and Sales Support functions.
- Lead Americas sales to develop and grow customer base, implement CBF strategies, and drive a high level of accountability within the assigned customer base
- Develop and implement both tactics and long-term sales strategies geared toward greater market share and profitability.
- Define and manage CBF’s value proposition to the market, customers and industry including service, price and product sales strategies.
- Work extensively with on development and implementation of market, product, and customer strategies.
- Continually evaluate the timely adjustment of sales strategies and forecasts to meet changing market competitive conditions.
- Develop & maintain strategic accounts. Develop effective executive level relationships and broad networks of contacts at target customers.
- Deliver reliable forecasting, sales cycle tracking and data/metrics to profitably grow the business.
- Lead the review, analysis, and recommendation of new business opportunities.
- Gather continuous intelligence on the products performance, competitors, customer and dealer attitudes, new problems and opportunities
- Develop and maintain annual & running customer forecasts for financial, AOP, business, operations planning purposes.
- Own and manage demand signal flow from customer to CBF and back, working with and through CBF customer service and operations, to ensure capacity / demand balance, high OTD and customer satisfaction.
- Overseeing Sales Support, Marketing and Customer Service departments who will report to him.
- Evaluating and developing our marketing strategy and marketing plan.
- Understanding and developing budgets and finance, including expenditures
- Work extensively with other roles including R&D, operations, and finance to meet or exceed customer expectations and to build / reinforce a positive CBF brand promise.
- Attend trade shows and conventions.
- Provide leadership in sales team and mentor/coach team members. Coaches and develops the team to deliver results and support growth expectations.
- Competitors’ analysis
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Engineering or Technical Degree preferred.
Work Experience: Experience in Sales leadership roles, 5-10 years, with increased responsibilities in technical sales within the manufacturing/industrial markets.
Ability to travel up to 50% of time.