Administrative position working on both internal administrative duties and client-based projects. The work is predominantly administrative support for a non-profit geotechnical engineering association managed by the company. The administrator is responsible for keeping the logistics of the organization running smoothly, including interfacing with the company, affiliated accountants, committee leaders, and various board members. Communication is a key part of the role. Administrator will be responsible for communications within the organization and external communications, meeting agendas, and minutes. General email, letters, and newsletter work is also required.
Candidates must have:
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook)
• Professional communication skills; proficient with spelling and punctuation
• Experience taking minutes - a big plus
• A basic understanding of QuickBooks and some bookkeeping experience
• Digital and social media skills
• Familiarly with WordPress for website posting a plus
• Familiarity with Constant Contact or similar
• Meeting management and event planning experience
• Task-oriented mind set. This is a "make lists and get it done" kind of job.
• The ability to keep multiple client- and organizational tasks in sight and moving forward simultaneously
• A comfort in phone, written, and face to face communication with new people and the ability to continue developing established relationships. This position includes participation and organization of association meetings, conferences, and other events. People skills are a must.
• Candidate will help manage tasks for association committees/volunteers, which will include organizing lists, timelines, and action items and communicating with association leaders/committee leaders to ensure that the tasks are progressing by offering support and driving communication.
Up to 20 hrs per week, in office (Austin, Texas)