Performs various accounting duties related to ledger entry, account reconciliations and other accounting related items. Performs miscellaneous office activities in accordance with The Association’s policies and procedures.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Essential Functions: Performs specific tasks in support of accounting initiatives.
- Provides support and back up as needed to Accounting Assistant I.
- Provides support to Staff Accountant and Controller as needed.
- Maintains bank reconciliation files and identifies discrepancies for correction.
- Reviews daily all bank items for accuracy and completeness.
- Consistently tries to automate all items and processes in accounting.
- Email out credit card statements and process expense reports monthly.
- Prepares invoices as needed.
- Completes multiple monthly and quarterly journal voucher input.
- Imports various entries as needed.
- Assist with various monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
- Maintains signature authority file, related paperwork and Paylocity.
- Maintains contract payments Excel file.
- Assists needs of internal customers.
- Updates internal processes as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Completes year-end 1099 process.
- Assist with budget process as needed.
- Handle Accounting mailbox and project management software.
- Maintains file of insufficient funds notifications from financial institutions and routes items to appropriate departments for handling.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Controller and Staff Accountant.
Required: High school graduation or any equivalent combination of training and experience supplemented by business courses with specific training in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, personal computers, scanning and web based software.
Preferred: Some college-level accounting classes.
Required: 1-2 years experience in a professional work environment.
Preferred: Prior experience in an accounting office.
Required: Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Frequent use of video display terminal. Ability to speak clearly. Ability to operate 10-key.
Required: Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, MIP accounting software or other and ability to learn web based softwares. Keyboarding and communication skills and attention to detail. Accounting software and ability to learn web based reporting systems. Must be willing to work as a team player with customer satisfaction as a priority. Ability to organize concurrent projects and manage time. Ability to interact with a diverse population and be a liaison to all departments with a positive attitude. Willingness to work overtime during peak periods.