PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking two (2) full-time Counselors.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide assessments, group, family, and individual counseling, crisis response, and treatment for clients and their family members.
- Perform comprehensive intake interviews of clients’ mental, emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
- Operates as crisis outreach and Tribal Designated Crisis Responder (TDCR), as needed.
- Ability to competently screen and/or treat clients with suicide thoughts/behaviors, using evidenced based practice approaches (i.e., CBT, DBT).
- Accurately document in-person client contacts electronically, on date of service.
- Develop and conduct individualized treatment plans on time.
- Participate in prevention planning and provide at least 4 hours of community based outreach and education activities per quarter.
- Maintain State licensure in respective field by completing required CEU’s and attending annual Marty Smith training.
- Provide individual and group counseling to clients in the office and tribal school (as appropriate).
- Master’s Degree in Human Services or Behavioral Health field from an accredited university.
- Current Washington State Associate license as a Mental Health Counselor, Social Worker, or Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Experience and/or ability to work with electronic health record systems.
- Current BLS certification.