Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
The Spine Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner is an extension of our Spine Physicians, and works closely with them in our practice, serving an important role in our holistic patient care. Our PA's / NP's are responsible for providing routine patient care in a clinical setting and aiding our physicians ensuring that our patient care is of the highest effectiveness as quality. This Spine PA/NP will spend a substantial amount of time in our clinical sites with no time in the OR.
- Perform comprehensive and problem-focused history and physical examinations
- Order and interpret diagnostic studies (i.e. x-rays, MRIs, CTs)
- Establish a diagnosis, determine a treatment plan, implement the necessary ancillaries, and order additional and selective studies or laboratory evaluations.
- Work closely with the TOA surgeons to evaluate and treat patients in the office setting
- Provide needed procedures and continually assess patients’ needs and conduct appropriate follow up
- Prepare written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances and authorize prescription refills.
- Assist physicians and or ancillary staff in the application of specialized orthopaedic devices. Fit and measure for braces and orthopaedic devices.
- Assist physicians by recording patient progress notes and transcribe orders.
- Triage patient telephone calls, answer questions and provide consultation and education to the patient and personal representatives.
- Provide monitoring and continuity of care. Provide supporting documentation and coding information for all health care services provided.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Protect patient privacy in compliance with HIPAA Privacy Regulations
- Travel to multiple clinics or satellite offices as required
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program/Nurse Practitioner Program with experience in Orthopaedic practices preferred
- Current and active licenses and certifications
- Spine Experience is required
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated conflict management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers