The Facilities and Machine Maintenance Technician will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the buildings, facilities, and equipment at the Solon facility. The scope of this position also includes maintenance support to the R&D laboratory areas.
- Participate in troubleshooting associated with breakdowns of facility and lab equipment.
- Maintenance of facility HVAC system including: air filters, belts, etc.
- Facility plumbing maintenance including water cooling system, machine hydraulics, etc.
- Scheduling services: elevator inspection, sprinkler inspection, overhead doors, etc.
- Serve as the primary contact for building fire/security system monitoring & maintenance
- General facility maintenance – replace lightbulbs, ceiling tiles, maintain any roof or water leaks, stock/refill paper products, soaps and sanitizers throughout facility as necessary etc.
- Coordinate and schedule maintenance activities in affected areas that result in minimal disruption to everyday R&D activities
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment – maintenance office, basement, dock, roof, and exterior of building (including some snow removal and salting stairs & entranceways)
- Maintain current preventive maintenance programs
- Install new equipment
- Generate purchase order requests for supplies as necessary
- High school diploma.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a college or technical school preferred
- Electrician Certification preferred
- Knowledge of several of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, Hydraulic/pneumatic, and machine tool operation. Thorough knowledge in one or more areas preferred.
- Proficient in the use of equipment related to the areas listed above.
- Safety knowledge related to the areas listed above, and follows safe work practices
- Able to read and interpret drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Has good communication skills and ability to clearly report and document work records accurately
- Some computer knowledge (Microsoft Office) and basic PC literacy is needed
- Day shift position with some flexibility required -- occasional overtime/weekends required
Physical Factors to Consider
- Must wear all necessary PPE
- Ability to lift and move equipment/packages up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures or climate
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, such as oil, gas, and paint
- Capable of bending, stretching, climbing, and assuming awkward positions
- Candidate should have knowledge and experience using hand and power tools
- Ability to work off step and extension ladders
- Forklift, hand pallet jack and high lift experience is a plus