Supervises members and guests in and around pool area while enforcing all water safety policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises and observes swimmers at all times to ensure their safety.
- Administers first aid to minor injuries such as small cuts and bruises of swimmers.
- Registers all members and charges for all guest use as established by the guest policy.
- Maintains amenities in and cleanliness of changing rooms, bathrooms and showers.
- Assists in organizing clinics and private swimming lessons for members as directed by department manager.
- Enforces the rules of conduct.
- Performs pool maintenance to include checking chemicals and pool vacuuming.
- Checks the first aid supplies and reports needed items to management in a timely fashion.
- Organizes and monitors pool games at all times; suggests pool-side games.
- Skims bugs and other debris from surface to prepare pool for daily use, empties automatic skimmer.
- Straightens the pool area at the end of the day.
- Maintains all necessary records determined by the department manager.
- Maintains current Lifeguard certification, AED, CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training.
Frequently uses hands to finger, handle, or feel, talks and hears. Regularly stands and sits. Occasionally walks, reaches with hands and arms, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, crawls, tastes or smells. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.