CDC Small Business Finance and Capital Impact Partners are looking for a stellar Content Specialist to join us on our mission of addressing social and economic inequality. The Content Specialist will use their writing skills to tell important stories of how we’re breaking down systematic barriers to capital and investments. Our marketing team is dedicated to telling the stories of entrepreneurs and business owners who are building meaningful small businesses that transform communities. This position is with the organization’s small business lending team.
The Content Specialist will research content, help develop content strategies, and write content across a variety of print and digital channels that positions our organization as a thought leader in the small business lending space. The ideal candidate will have strong writing and editing skills and can convey messaging that is on brand.
Who we are:
As financial institutions, our work centers on scaling economic and community development through products and services that foster equitable job creation, wealth building, and economic mobility. It’s an exciting time to join the organization. We’re undergoing a tremendous amount of growth and change as CDC Small Business Finance and Capital Impact Partners join forces to innovate how capital and investments flow into communities.
Who you are:
You’re passionate about our mission to support equitable and inclusive communities. You understand the role that equity plays in our society and you’re not afraid to tackle complex subjects. You’re a great writer and can proofread and edit a variety of content across different print and digital mediums. You have strong communication skills and understand the importance of asset-based writing. You know how to choose photos and videos that represent diverse audiences. Your writing samples reflect a conversational and engaging writing style and you understand the importance of creating an emotional connection between our brand and our customers, partners and communities.
- 2-3 years of experience in content development and marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field.
- Background in SEO writing and best practices.
- Experience working with graphic design platforms such as Canva, Adobe creative suite, etc.
- Proficient in Mailchimp or similar E-newsletter platforms.
- Understanding of WordPress and how to work with website developers.
- Understanding of Google My Business and Google Search Console.
Qualities that will help you succeed:
- Proactive, positive, flexible and collaborative team player.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong prioritization, organization, and project management skills.
Who you’ll work with:
In this role you will report to the Director of Marketing and Content who oversees the overall strategic direction of the small business lending teams marketing and communications efforts. You’ll regularly engage with staff of various levels across the organization as well as outside vendors, as required.
Where you’ll work:
This position must be based in San Diego (preferred) or Los Angeles County. This is a hybrid position with the opportunity to work remotely most days with the team meeting in person, as needed. Our teams are in various time zones, from PST to EST, so it’s important to feel confident using technology and asynchronous communication tools like Trello, Slack, and Loom.
Keep in mind that this position may be required to alter hours as needed and must have the ability to travel occasionally.
What you’ll do:
This role will focus on small business but will also provide content for our sub-brands and business lines, including Capital Impact Partners, the Community Investment Development Bank (CDIB), Ventures, California Southern, and CDC Capital Markets. In addition, the position will play a key role in the development of marketing strategies to help the small business lending team meet its goals.
-Work with the Director to create a content strategy that tells our brand story and supports small business goals. Support the Director of Small Business Marketing and Content to create customer personas for key audiences.
- Create and manage a content-and-borrower success story calendar, including a pipeline of success stories, case studies, blogs and news. Develop a system to organize and prioritize content through key segmentation including: race, gender, geographies, loan types, etc.
- Brainstorm, research, write and edit content that’s customer focused while telling the story of our overarching organizational brand. Have the ability to quickly produce and edit content for the blog, executive messages, website copy, checklists, infographics, e-books, guides, E-newsletters, marketing collateral, PowerPoint presentations and slideshow stories.
- Understand how to craft narratives that increase brand awareness, educate audiences, drive website traffic, and/or attract sales leads as well as the interest of funders and investors.
- Create companion social posts in partnership with the marketing strategist. Stay up-to-date on most effective social media engagement strategies.
- Oversee customer reviews program to harness reviews as a means of promoting outstanding customer service and offerings through Google reviews and to build story pipelines. Work with staff to develop responses to poor online reviews.
SEO Strategy and Optimization
- Optimize blogs, web pages, page titles, page descriptions and landing pages for SEO. Ensure SEO strategy is integrated into social media, video and email marketing efforts,
- Research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success. This includes content based on top ranking keywords, research, and trends to create top ranking pages.
- Curate, write, and send E-newsletter content as necessary to key customer segments. Send email campaigns to audiences for loan products and programs to gain sales leads.
- Suggest and use tactics to grow following all email marketing campaigns.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop a plan for tracking and reporting key metrics including customer acquisition, website traffic, Google my Business, etc.
- Analyze and report on the performance and efficiency of content strategy campaigns to inform effectiveness of current strategies and improvement of future strategies.