Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
Our TOA Clinical Scribes play an important part in the daily operation of our clinics. Our Scribes are paraprofessionals who act as personal assistants to our Physicians and collects information from patients in real-time during their visits. Scribes accompany the provider into the exam room and document the patient-provider encounter as it is verbalized in real time.
- Transcribe notes into the EHR system regarding physical exam, x-ray findings, suggested procedures, treatments, lifestyle changes, diagnoses, prescriptions and any discussion of side effects or risks of various treatments, help provider with electronically prescribing medications.
- Prepares and assembles medical record documentation/charts for physician(s).
- Capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing electronic medical record applications.
- Updates patient history, physical exam, and other pertinent health information in the patient record
- Document all medical procedures performed and ordered by the provider
- Performs other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills are required; must be able to effectively communicate thoughts and actions through various forms of communication including verbal, written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills and computer literacy
- Ability to work with highly confidential patient information
- Medical terminology strongly preferred
- High school graduate or equivalent required, some college preferred
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.