Laird Norton Wealth Management, the Pacific NW’s largest independent wealth management firm, is seeking a full-time Client Analyst to join our team. Based in Downtown Seattle, LNWM is dedicated to helping high-net-worth individuals and families manage and grow their wealth through financial planning, investment management, and trust & estate services. As a key member of the Client Services team, the Client Analyst will provide knowledge and support for clients and internal teams in a variety of financial planning and wealth management functions.
The Client Analyst’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Client Relationship Management: Working with clients and internal teams in person, by phone, and by email including: responding to client requests, coordinating client meetings and periodic communication, leading preparation activities for client meetings, actively participating in client meetings, leading follow-up action after client meetings, proactively serving clients by knowing the client and anticipating their needs, keeping all team members informed of client updates and information.
- Client Workflow Management: Leading the successful execution of client tasks and projects by prioritizing tasks and managing timelines for completion, delegating appropriate tasks to associates and involving colleagues, third parties and other departments as needed, keeping the team informed, maintaining good working relationships across all departments in the firm, providing quality control and ensuring successful completion of trades, cash transfers, check requests, account openings and closings, ensuring appropriate documentation and CRM management.
- Portfolio Management: Assessing client needs and completing analyses related to all areas financial planning, in order to provide comprehensive services, including planning for estate and legacy, education, gifting, taxes, retirement, insurance, mortgage and other debt, understanding the client’s cash needs and maintaining adequate cash within their accounts.
- Fiduciary Administration: Possessing thorough understanding of trust documents, to ensure compliance and fiduciary responsibility in all aspects of client service, monitoring the classification of receipts and disbursements according to the Principle and Income Act, evaluating the suitability of decisions, according to the trust document, coordinating requests for discretionary distributions and preparing necessary documentation for TAC or manager approval.
- Firm/Internal Involvement: Supporting and respecting other team members, providing mentorship to others where needed or requested, positively representing the firm in the community, serving on internal task forces and working groups, creating and leading internal training sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities will increase and vary based on needs of business.
- 4-year college degree required (in finance or related field, preferred)
- At least 2 years, but prefer 3 - 5 years, of client service, financial planning, and/or private client relationship management
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite is required, advanced skills preferred. Other software applications, including financial software tools, are a plus.
The successful candidate will bring the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge in Portfolio Management (cash management, trading, rebalancing, asset allocation), Retirement Planning (cash flow analysis, retirement benefits), Insurance, Tax & Estate Planning, and Trust administration
- Strong client service experience and ability to present information to clients effectively and professionally
- High ethical standards and the ability to place the clients’ needs before one’s own.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, as evidenced by ability to professionally, personally and effectively interact with clients and co-workers and contribute to a respectful work environment.
- Strong analytical and research skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment that strives for consensus wherever possible and seeks success of the team rather than the individual.
- Portrays a professional company image both internally and externally.
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential subject matter.
- Creative thinking demonstrating good investment acumen, application of professional judgment and understanding of client issues.
- Ability to stay current in industry knowledge.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to take on new responsibilities as business and organization needs require
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Has or is pursuing professional designations such as CFP®, CFA charter holder, or CTFA is preferred.
Candidates must meet all employment qualifications in force at time of hiring, including successful passing of background & credit checks and any pre-employment examinations, signing of all employee agreements, and have the ability to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities set forth in a consistent and efficient manner.
Our firm aims to cultivate an inclusive environment and culture that fosters growth, collaboration and acceptance; where we celebrate the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees; and where employees feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves. Our diversity drives us forward and helps us build deeper relationships with our clients and our community.
LNWM is an equal opportunity employer. LNWM prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment, individuals providing services in the workplace pursuant to a contract, unpaid interns and volunteers based on their actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military and veteran status, civil air patrol status, national origin, immigration status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, and including medical conditions related to lactation) or medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics).
You will be joining a team that is dedicated to helping our clients achieve their goals by providing exceptional investment management and wealth planning services. Putting our clients first guides our decision-making and culture, and allows us to build long-term, caring and trusted relationships.
We love working in a professional yet relaxed working environment. We encourage openness, active listening, mutual respect, candor and integrity. We cultivate a diverse and inclusive work environment where we encourage a work/life balance through a generous PTO policy and flexible work hours. We enjoy each other's company at team and firm-wide outings.
OUR COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We provide a competitive salary commensurate with your experience and skills and offer an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
Benefits: Laird Norton Wealth Management offers excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, generous time off, flexible spending plans for health care and dependent care, 401(k) plan, paid transportation pass, and more. To learn more about LNWM please visit our website (www.lairdnortonwm.com).