Ideal candidate would possess a background in retail shell, tenant project management and development coordination with the ability to oversee the tenant finish-out process from lease negotiation through tenant opening and punch list. Candidate should demonstrate a high-level understanding of retail shopping center development and operating environment, as well as the technical details of tenant construction work letters and the process of tenant interior design and construction. Candidate will oversee construction process from start to finish and should possess strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects. Candidate should demonstrate a high level of integrity and reliability and a strong work ethic. Travel to projects is required.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Communicate with the Leasing Team and Property Management team in all areas that effect their projects/property.
- Review letters of intent (LOI) and leases for delivery terms, signage requirements and construction responsibilities. Provide timely feedback to Leasing, Asset Management, Property Manager and Ownership.
- Obtain budgetary pricing for tenant work that would be considered above Landlord’s standard delivery terms when required.
- Inspect building shells/lease spaces to ensure that all the Landlord’s requirements for delivery are or will be completed by the intended delivery date.
- Scope, bid, contract and oversee work to be performed by Landlord above the standard delivery terms and ensure the work is executed in a timely fashion after lease execution.
- Establish an understanding of the project schedule and work with tenants to ensure they are ready to commence construction at the time of building turnover and that their timeframes track with the anticipated grand opening dates.
- Oversee the disbursement of building information, criteria and construction plan packages to tenants including collecting and updating the information.
- Review, track and approve tenant plans and signage drawings.
- Ensure the required criteria are met prior to a tenant commencing construction i.e. plan approvals, permits, contractor insurance, remittance of damage deposit, etc.
- Issue delivery letters and other required notices per the terms of the leases.
- Monitor tenant construction at specific milestones to ensure tenant meets their schedule/design intent and to ensure that interface with the Landlord’s building systems is executed properly.
- Organize preconstruction meetings with Property Management, the tenant and the tenant’s general contractor team after lease execution.
- Track receipt of notice of intent and lien filings insuring they are properly released prior to the disbursement of Tenant Improvement allowance funds.
- Receive, review and process Tenant Improvement allowance paperwork per the lease agreement.
- Attend property meetings, including but not limited to Leasing and Ownership updates.
- Assist properties as needed with Cap Ex projects or construction questions related to cap ex.
- Work with Leasing Team/Property Management to create temporary spaces for short term or popup deals.
- Build and maintain relationship with property Ownership to create an open communication throughout all design and construction projections.
- Update Tenant Design Criteria, as needed, to meet the new design standards.
- Maintain budgets for all projects and track all commitments. Process invoices, department fees as agreements allow.
- Coordinate with property attorney on any legal matters that might arise (default of LL contractor, delay in tenant timing, product warranty failure, etc.)
- Coordinate with local government agencies on getting approvals of façade and center signage changes that are a change to the approved design. This would include attending Design Review Committees or permitting processes.
- Coordinate with consultants on information that will be required by the City for approvals i.e. water letters, parking counts, etc.
- Travel and meet on-site, as needed with Leasing Team, Ownership, and prospective tenants.
- Attend regular training sessions for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree with preference given to either Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Design or Construction Science Business degree.
- Three (3) years or more of tenant coordination experience with a developer, project management firm or retailer.
- Experience reading construction plans is required.
- Experience reading leases and commenting on lease language essential.
- Familiarity with general building and ADA codes.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, creative, flexible and a have strong technical aptitude.
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD (Preferred), Procore (Preferred), Bluebeam or similar editing software.