The next ten years will serve as a moment in time unlike any other for the sport of soccer in the United States. With the sport thriving and U.S. Soccer’s Senior, Youth and Extended National Teams achieving success on and off the field, and the FIFA World Cup on U.S. soil in 2026, there has never been a better time to join the soccer movement!
Who We Are
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Social Media Coordinator, Federation Services works closely with the Social Media Manager to oversee the creation and distribution of U.S. Soccer content across all social media platforms with other internal and external content creators to develop unique and compelling content for fans.
The position is responsible for managing the creation of high-quality U.S. Soccer content that will be distributed across U.S. Soccer-owned channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and LinkedIn.
This position will mainly focus on content around Youth National Teams, Extended National Teams, Coaching, Refereeing, Memberships and other internal U.S. Soccer initiatives.
The position requires the ability to think and plan strategically, assist in the creation and lead distribution of social content, meet deadlines, proactively contribute across multiple areas of the business and be flexible on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate should have exceptional knowledge of all phases of content production and experience in managing the creation and distribution of each content type.
They will be required to travel according to the needs of the department and the sporting calendar and should be available to work on weekends and holidays when required.
This position reports to the Social Media Manager.
- Assist in all aspects of United States Soccer Federation-wide social strategy and distribution
- Lead Federation, Youth National Teams (YNTs) and Extended National Teams (ENTs) social content creation and distribution, including travel to all select matches, clipping video highlights, editing photos, capturing content via camera or smartphone
- Collaborate with video team, Content manager, and team of freelancers to optimize content for various social platforms
- Maintain USSF voice and styles for YNTs and ENTs
- Assist in creation and distribution of social content during Senior MNT & WNT match days
- Brainstorm and ideate social executions that make U.S. Soccer platforms a best-in-class fan experience
- Continuously monitor trends in social media and explore avenues for execution on USSF social platforms
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a media or journalism field
- 1-2 years of experience in content creation and social media management
- The ideal candidate is resourceful, creative, and attentive to the ever-changing world of social media
- The candidate must possess excellent copywriting skills, while also having working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, namely Photoshop, Light Room, After Effects and Premiere, photography/videography skills are a plus
- Understands the various nuances of each social media platform and their distribution strategies
- Pushes creative capacity of the content department while fitting established voice of U.S. Soccer
- Quick learner who can function well in the fast-paced and high-level environment mandated by a professional sports team
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Able and willing to travel up to 40% of the time
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Bilingual proficiency preferred
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment