Position: Procurement Assistant
Salary Range: $47,000 – 51,000
Business Unit: Operations and Data
Department: Workforce Operations
Reports To: Director of Workforce Operations
Posted: June 15 - 29
About Philadelphia Works, Inc.
Philadelphia Works, Inc is the City’s Workforce Development Board. We are a quasi-public, non-profit organization serving both career seekers and employers. We invest public resources in a variety of workforce solutions. These solutions connect Philadelphia residents with employment and training opportunities and help employers find, grow, and retain local talent. For more information about our dedicated board members and staff, workforce news, labor market data, services, innovative initiatives, and current opportunities to connect, please visit www.philaworks.org.
The Procurement Assistant will lead a team of internal stakeholders in the development of a workflow, communication tool and SOP surrounding all activities involved the pre-contracting stage of generating contracts, including procurement and post-award activities. This position will be responsible for providing a range of administrative and contractual services to ensure that pre-contract actions, up through approval from Finance staff, are executed on a timely basis. The services include but are not limited to the pre and post award acquisition planning, preparing contract actions, reviewing and evaluating offeror proposals, creating contract packages for final issuance and execution, developing and maintaining required contract documentation on each contract action, reviewing contract terms to ensure adherence with PWI’s guidelines and other applicable laws and policies, communicating with identified stakeholders on the status of contracts, monitoring the status of active contracts, and assisting in the development of contract changes and/or modifications.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
· Implement and adhere to the established workflow process, timeline and communication channels for each contract type.
· Project manage the Request For Proposal (RFP) process, including issuance, scoring and process of identifying programmatic providers
· Ensure all actions surrounding an RFP are in full compliance with state and federal guidelines
· Ensure all proper documentation required to accompany contract is collected (i.e. W9, certificate of insurance)
· Issue award letters and statements of intent to contract, where applicable.
· Project manage and support programmatic and fiscal staff in precontract activities such as scope development, budget negotiation, and others, as needed.
· Create requisition and enter all accompanying documentation into contracts management system for approval
· Archive all contract documents in appropriate folders
· Prepare correspondence regarding contractual issues and matters
· Communicate necessary contract information with stakeholders, as requested
· Train staff on use of contract management system
· Perform all other duties as assigned
Associate degree with 1-2 years of related experience or experience with federal, state or local contracting. Basic knowledge of contract management, procurement or project management experience preferred.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Project management skills
· Experience in developing and documentation standard operating procedures
· Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including strong oral and written skills
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
· Able to learn and become proficient in new data entry systems
· Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of work
· Demonstrated ability to organize concurrent priorities and tasks
· Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others and provide excellent customer service
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full-time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.