Our ideal candidate is a System Engineer who is mission focused and passionate about building new, cutting-edge systems. This candidate will be joining our team of engineers and scientists to help define the concept of operations, architecture, and requirements for custom applications and advanced R&D AI systems. This candidate will be working in a multi-discipled team alongside software developers and AI research scientists.
As a System Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Developing a concept of operation (CONOPs) for our image processing software baseline – where and how can it integrate with existing and new government sensors
- Decomposing complex government remote sensing systems to identify interfaces and key technical dependencies
- Outlining use cases for a new AI/ML capability to perform autonomous sensor management – where and how can it support the government’s 10-year roadmap
- Guiding and supporting the development, implementation, and verification of software/AI
- Utilizing interface control development experience (identification, definition, documentation) to enable multi-disciplinary teams to work in parallel.
- Generating synthetic data to test software performance
At Stratagem, we create advanced software solutions to support critical aspects of national security. We are solving highly complex problems with a team of fun, uniquely talented engineers that deliver capabilities to make a lasting impact.
Stratagem is a small, high-end software technology company that delivers operational solutions and performs advanced R&D for the DoD and Intelligence Community. We believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, and family. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life.
Stratagem is hiring exceptional individuals to join our growing team. We look for candidates that are thoughtful and team-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, a high level of creativity, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies. We also seek out individuals that are clear communicators and support their teammates with a sense of positivity and open-mindedness.
The annual base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $180,000. Please note that the salary range is a general guideline only. The many factors that are included for consideration include, but are not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education, training, certifications, key skills, and mission/customer intimacy. These factors are combined with market and business considerations to extend a job offer.
** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED **
** TS – SSBI REQUIRED**
- U.S Citizen with a TS/SCI clearance with SSBI
- GEOINT domain expertise
- Effective cross-organizational communicator with the ability to work well on a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to define a Concept of Operations for cutting-edge R&D systems
- Ability to develop requirements for complex systems architectures
- Ability to run MATLAB and make minor modifications to MATLAB code
- Ability to work autonomously – this candidate will be the sole Systems Engineer for smaller R&D efforts (they will interact heavily with the developers, scientists, and leads).
Desired Skills (bonus points)
- Knowledge of remote sensing and image processing
- Experience working with architectures that leverage FPGAs
- Knowledge about AI/ML
- Working knowledge of scrum and agile software development methodology
- Ability to develop a tracing between requirements, code, and verification
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to balance technical requirements with business needs
- Familiarity with Cloud Architectures and deployment requirements for US DoD
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.