Project Start Date: July 25, 2022
Project End Date: September 22, 2022
Project Work Schedule:
- July 25 – August 19, 9am – 2pm, Monday – Thursday
- August 29 – September 22, 4pm – 9pm, Monday – Thursday
- September 22, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- There is a week off August 22 – 26, Labor Day will be observed on September 5
Work Site: 100 Joe Nuxhall Way, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202
In partnership with CROWN Trail, Green Umbrella, and the Cincinnati Reds, ArtWorks is excited to hit it out of the ballpark with a thrilling new mural. This mural will be located at the Great American Ballpark, directly adjacent to the CROWN Trail. This area is the most heavily populated section of the trail – seeing over 2 million visitors annually. The mural aims to spark excitement, curiosity, and discovery of Cincinnati’s gem landmarks along the CROWN trail, to encourage the community to learn more about Cincinnati, and to celebrate how the CROWN trail and the Cincinnati Reds connect people and communities. This mural employs 1 mural designer, 2 teaching artists, and 10 youth apprentices.
*This opportunity is still pending approval. Apprentices will only be hired upon ArtWorks receiving a signed agreement with the partner*
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization collaborates with community organizations and residents, businesses, governments, foundations and nonprofits to build creative works of art that bolster the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. ArtWorks employs professional artists who inspire and mentor diverse teams of youth, ages 14-21, helping them build 21st century career-readiness skills. These teams have completed more than 14,000 public and private art projects in its 25 years, including more than 200 permanent outdoor murals.
· Must be at least 16 years old and no older than 21 years by the project start date.
The successful candidate will be
· A team player, hard-working, and an independent achiever with a “can do” attitude, must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
· Inquisitive and imaginative.
· Ready and willing to learn from and work with professional artists.
How to Apply
· You will be asked to upload several documents in the application portal. Please review the items below and take time to prepare in advance of starting your application. Note that you will need to upload using the additional materials button as a dox or pdf file no larger than 4 mb.
· Items needed in your application:
- Personal Essay or Cover Letter (Download PDF directions)
- Art Samples (3 pieces) (Download PDF directions)
- Resume (optional) (Visit this website for help with creating a resume)
Application Deadline July 5, 2022
ArtWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strongly committed to building and retaining a diverse staff that creates an inclusive workplace which harnesses each voice to collectively advance ArtWorks’ mission.