Project Start Date: July 25, 2022
Project End Date: September 22, 2022
Project Work Schedule:
- 9am – 3:45pm, Monday – Thursday
- September 22, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- There is a week off August 22 – 26, Labor Day will be observed on September 5
Work Site: Artsville, 5021 Whetsel Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45227
ArtWorks is thrilled to be partnering with the Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Library to bring an interior mural on movable panels to their Madisonville Branch. This exciting new project will combine community engagement, mural design, and mural making. It will consist of five local youth apprentices working under the direction and mentorship of one professional artist to conduct community engagement in Madisonville in order to inform and create an interior mural on moveable panels.
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization collaborates with community organizations and residents, businesses, governments, foundations and nonprofits to build creative works of art that bolster the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. ArtWorks employs professional artists who inspire and mentor diverse teams of youth, ages 14-21, helping them build 21st century career-readiness skills. These teams have completed more than 14,000 public and private art projects in its 25 years, including more than 200 permanent outdoor murals.
· Must be at least 18 years old and no older than 21 years by the project start date.
The successful candidate will be
· A team-player, hard-working and an independent achiever with a “can do” attitude, must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
· Inquisitive and imaginative.
· Ready and willing to learn from and work with professional artists.
How to Apply
· You will be asked to upload several documents in the application portal. Please review the items below and take time to prepare in advance of starting your application. Note that you will need to upload using the additional materials button as a dox or pdf file no larger than 4 mb.
· Items needed in your application:
- Personal Essay or Cover Letter (Download PDF directions)
- Art Samples (3 pieces) (Download PDF directions )
- Resume (optional) (Visit this website for help with creating a resume)
Application Deadline July 5, 2022
ArtWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strongly committed to building and retaining a diverse staff that creates an inclusive workplace which harnesses each voice to collectively advance ArtWorks’ mission.