Interplan is a commercial architectural firm located in Orlando, FL, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. Interplan was founded over fifty ago and has offices in Orlando, Oakbrook Terrace, Fort Worth, and Philadelphia. We are looking to grow our full-time staff in our Oakbrook Terrace office and we are seeking a full-time Architectural CAD Drafter. Responsible to the Project Coordinator, Project Architect or Project Manager for production of CAD drawings from sketches, hard-line drawings, other electronic formats, and from “red line drawings”, in accordance with Interplan standards. Minimum of a high school diploma and one of the following: at least two (2) years experience in an architectural office, possess a construction drafting degree, or be currently enrolled in a related technical program. This position requires proficiency in AutoCAD, and a working understanding of CAD standards and conventions. Good communication and keyboarding skills are required.
**AutoCAD Architecture a PLUS**
- Sets up sheets and drawings.
- Insures that Interplan CAD standards and conventions are incorporated into the drawings.
- Prepares plans and details from sketches/convert mark-ups to finished drawings.
- Works efficiently (within the time frame allotted).
- Works accurately.
- Checks completed work against markups prior to returning both the mark-up and the new work to author of the markup.
- Plots drawings to the appropriate scale.
- Receive and send drawings electronically.
- Prepare transmittal and fax documents.
- Sends drawings to various plotters.
- Provides assistance as needed by Project Coordinator/Architect/Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.