Serves as Financial Aid Advisor with primary responsibility to answer all incoming Financial Aid telephone inquiries, work with families to collect all outstanding financial aid requirements, respond to emails sent to the Financial Aid email account, and coordinates the annual fall donor thank you project with the Advancement Office. Performs other duties as requested.
- Assist students and their parents in understanding federal regulations when filling out the FAFSA.
- Counsel students concerning problems and special circumstances involving financial aid. Work with the Director if financial circumstances are affecting the student's retention or potential to enroll.
- Serve as liaison between the traditional students and Student Accounts.
- Create, maintain, and update materials for Parent Preview Day packets. Assist/train student worker in preparing packets.
- Ability to learn new system operations due to constant changes in Federal and commercial software used in financial aid.
- Work with the document imaging system.
- Work with the Director to set up worksheets, financial aid information sheets, etc. to be used in financial aid packaging.
- Assist the Financial Aid Director with the day-to-day operation of the Financial Aid Office.
- Answer the main Financial Aid phone line and assist the caller or direct the call to the proper staff member.
- Assist parents and students with FAFSA processing questions and concerns.
- Assist parents and students with completing the Verification process.
- Assist parents and students who have experienced changes in finances and family situations to complete the forms necessary for a Professional Judgement.
- Assist in the annual review of all active Financial Aid Files.
- Manage federally-required loan disbursement notice procedure (approx. 5,000 notices sent per year).
- Coordinate the Associated Colleges of Illinois (ACI) Scholarship with ACI office and student recipients.
- Maintains the FinAid Facebook page and posts outside scholarship opportunities and other financial aid news.
- Assists in preparing file selection for annual audit.Assists Advancement Office with annual Donor Thank You Project.
- Review daily ISIRs received for compliance issues that would change award eligibility.
- Review daily ISIRs received for Admissions decision codes, corrects discrepancies between PowerFaids & Admissions software in preparation for new student award preparation.
- Handle all forms and document requests - ensuring outstanding documents are submitted.
- Assists Assistant Director in updating and maintaining PowerFaids letters, and GU Jotforms for documentation tracking and customer service.
- Input and retrieve student data using PowerFaids and Jenzabar systems.
- Excellent Customer Service skills required
- Effective communication skills, both spoken and written
- Must be able to focus on and complete tasks in an efficient manner under pressure of deadlines
- Must be comfortable with technology & learning new computer applications
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Office software applications
- Ability to manage time well
- Associate’s Degree or minimum two academic years of college work required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of office experience; prior financial aid experience preferred.
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.