The QA Analyst role is responsible for developing and executing manual tests, working with Developers and Business Analysts to define testing requirements before, during and after the development cycle, and creating regression and testing plans. The incumbent is also responsible for preparing testing results reports and documenting findings.
- Perform position responsibilities in accordance with Bridge Connector Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Develops test cases from specification documents and executes test cases against the test platform.
- Perform manual and regression testing of web-based applications.
- Perform black and white box testing.
- Enter, update, and retest defects in defect tracking software.
- Assist the team by researching and testing production issues.
- Assist the team by testing in release rehearsals and releases in production.
- Partner with internal resources in support of project and test methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with a software quality assurance team
- Experienced in manual and regression testing
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is a plus
- Understanding of MySQL or other rational databases
- MS applications (Excel, Word & Visio)
- Ability to accurately provide size estimations for testing requirements and work assigned to the team.
- Document test plans, test cases, steps to reproduce and QA testing environment variables within agile stories.
- Monitor, track, and report on QA testing, test cases, defects, etc.
- Participate in retrospectives and speak to details on issues, situations, or improvements.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
- ISTQB Foundation or Advanced Level Certification.
Management/Decision Making -N/A
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiar with Agile methodology, and software development life cycle.
- Experience writing software test plans and test cases required.
- Experience in test case repositories and defect tracking tools (JIRA).
- Takes initiative on improvements and testing results.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in an organized and timely manner.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both written and verbally, particularly when under pressure.