The Senior System Administrator provides design, implementation, and technical support for ASI’s corporate information systems including Windows and Linux servers and workstations, Office 365 services, database servers, Cisco-based networking, and enterprise storage technologies. The individual has primary responsibility for identifying IT-relevant requirements driven by business needs, industry regulations, or security standards and accomplishing projects to meet the need.
- Administration of server and workstation operating systems. Windows Server 2016, 2019. Windows 10. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, 8.
- Administration of common enterprise IT technologies including Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, SQL Server, Office 365, TCP/IP Networking, Storage-Area Networking (SAN), Backups, Hyper-V virtualization.
- Maximizes IT effectiveness by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with vendors.
- Designs system configuration; directs system installation; defines, documents, and enforces system standards.
- Maintains uptime expectations for corporate IT systems.
- Manages the implementation and delivery of projects meeting established timelines, budgets, and expectations of functionality.
- Coordinates vendor and purchasing activities for IT.
- Oversees and participates in the resolution of issues logged in the ticketing system.
- Provides mentoring to helpdesk team.
- Active involvement in establishing, implementing, and revising corporate IT Plans and Policies.
- Maintains awareness of the IT and cybersecurity landscape by continuously expanding knowledge through educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Streamlines deployment tasks utilizing SCCM, GPOs, and scripting
- Applies industry best practices and applicable security standards to IT systems as required.
- Provides a significant contribution to the corporate information security function in both technical and advisory capacities.
This role requires the ability to work with business stakeholders to identify appropriate technology solutions for solving business problems. The individual will establish projects including defined deliverables and timelines, and ensure delivery as both an individual contributor and a project lead. The individual will prioritize as needed to balance project-based activities with day-to-day technical support and system administration needs.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (Required).
- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance (Required).
- 4-year degree with a technical major, or equivalent experience (Required).
- Relevant technical certification(s) (Preferred).
- 4+ years managing some or all of the described enterprise IT technologies (Required).
- 3+ years designing and managing TCP/IP networks and related networking technologies (Required).
- 3+ years managing Office 365 platforms including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams (Preferred).
- Experience with the tools and processes involved in IT asset management (Preferred).
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing software (Preferred).
- Flexibility to schedule work around core business hours or on-demand when necessary (Required occasionally).
- Required to communicate in English.
- Required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel, and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Senior Systems Administrator, the work environment characteristics are representative of the office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate unless in a manufacturing area.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic/civil partnership or marital status, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive for everyone to be valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
ASI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person's physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.