To apply for this role, upload your (1) resume and complete (2) application. The role will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate.
In 1990, a small group of dedicated volunteers with a desire to eliminate substandard housing in our community founded San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity. Thanks to our supporters, more than 200 local and international families have been able to build or repair their own homes here in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Through the years, we have maintained our unrelenting determination to help families in need by offering a hand up, not a handout.
Through donations, shopping at our ReStores, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves.
The Lead with keys supports the Store Manager with Operations and leads with excellence to ensure maximum success for the ReStore. Ensures that Customer Service and Safety is the # 1 priority. Opens and closes the building according to the organization’s guideline. Able to make decisions when the Store Manager is not present.
2215 Huntington Drive, Duarte CA 91010
Non-Exempt Part Time
Starting Pay Rate: $17.50/hr.
Essential Job Duties
- Customer Service and Safety.
- Reports and unsafe practice or violation of security practice to the Store Manager or Director of Retail Operations.
- Understand the pricing strategy, participates in offloading donations,
- Building product as needed.
- Forklift operation (must be certified within 60 days of employment).
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience
- Sales, sales of home improvement items, hardware, furniture a plus
- Basic knowledge of accounting, working knowledge of retail business
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the store staff, customers and vendors
- Ability to multitask
- May help train or provide guidance and support to new associates, oversees merchandising, pricing when the Store Manager is not present
- Impact sales, recommends a change in process to improve sales
SGV Habitat for Humanity actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications. SGV Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, regardless of race, religion, age, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic. SGV Habitat for Humanity will not inquire about a job applicant's criminal conviction history prior to making a conditional offer of employment.