For over 75 years, Bender has been a market leader in providing electrical safety equipment to industries worldwide. Our wide portfolio of cutting-edge products ensure that people, equipment, and facilities worldwide are protected with the latest in electrical safety technology. Our worldwide network of over 70 offices, representatives, and partners offer comprehensive product, application, and technical support.
Bender's core competence is electrical safety. With expertise in virtually every industry, Bender provides both the products and knowledge to meet the demands for customer-specific solutions. Always on the cutting edge, our portfolio of electrical safety solutions focus on a wide range of industries, from mainstay industries such as hospitals, mining, and manufacturing, to newly developed industries such as solar, wind, and electric vehicles. Our ongoing research and development in virtually all industries ensures that no matter the application, you can count on Bender to be your partner in electrical safety.
At Bender Inc. we believe in providing a generous benefits package to our employees to help cover the always rising medical costs and keep their out of pocket spend very low. Bender Inc. covers 100% of insurance premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision for eligible employees and their qualifying dependents. The benefits we offer to our employees include:
- Medical (including prescription plan)
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Safe Harbor 401k Plan, where the company contributes 3% of annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation & PTO
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers where applicable.
- Participates in the development of product document specifications that outline revisions or additional features of existing products, and the conception of new products within the PLM system.
- PLM Development Working Group member: ongoing process and procedure planning and implementation.
- Close liaise with Product Managers in HQ (Germany) to maintain product competence and product roadmap involvement.
- Ensure product obsolescence plans are distributed to the rest of the organization.
- Provide 3rd level technical support, training, and product education to end users and internal employees.
- Collaborate and assist in the creation of white papers, web content, product presentations, and training literature for all Industrial and Resistance Grounded products in the Bender portfolio including, but not limited to, supporting external writers.
- Identify and gather competitor and market intelligence for all Industrial & Resistance Grounded products in the Bender portfolio with collaboration of the Marketing department to analyze and develop strategies to increase positioning in the market.
- Attend tradeshow exhibitions, conferences and technical committee workshops when needed to assist Bender sales team and to promote Bender technology.
- Keep up to date with product related codes and standards knowledge.
- Provides guidance & coaching to other team members in product management, sales, and marketing.
- Prepare reports on product development requirements and compliance to future codes.
- Manage Key Account cases/issues and provide resolution with support of internal and external stakeholders, act as the middle-man to support organization to ensure client escalations are resolved in due time.
- Complete reports and achieve metrics as required by management.
- Assist in the development and continual maintenance of process, procedures, and supporting documentation as required by supervisor.
- Assist in the review and development of product technical and marketing collateral.
- Participate in governing body technical committees, Standards committees, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- 4-yr Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales and/or technical commercial background.
- Previous experience in a Product Management role.
- Self-motivated good problem solver.
- Results driven independent thinker who requires little supervision but also works well in a team to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Needs to be capable of multitasking with the ability to cope with deadline pressure.
- Able to present ideas and information accurately and explain industry jargon in a clear manner for technical and non-technical customers.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Must be able to create English technical documentation clearly, accurately, and concisely.
- Understanding of Industrial and commercial electric power systems: grounded, resistance grounded and ungrounded AC and DC electrical systems.
- Bender Group HR Strategy: ground-fault detection and protection techniques.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Extremely efficient with detail-oriented assignments and meeting deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Possess confidentiality, integrity and professionalism
- High energy / motivated personality
- Ability to manage concurrent projects
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
The above statements and information are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this document is intended to exclude the opportunity for modifications or adjustment to the job or the manner of performing it consistent with the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations to the disabled. With or without accommodation, the essential functions must be performed. Employees unable to accomplish any functions may request reasonable accommodation’s pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act. In addition, employee must follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.