Schnitzer West, LLC’s vision, mission, promise, culture, values, and goals are at the heart of every decision made. The Company takes pride in and fiercely protects its 5 Core Fundamental Values:
- Disciplined – Prepare for anything. Anticipate, ask questions, and clarify. Own every moment. Don’t run from risk; mitigate it to create value. Keep your eye on the prize while obsessing over the details.
- Driven – Work with passion and ambition. Be relentless and work with urgency.
- Bold – Pioneer true innovation and be motivated by the unknown. Thrive in uncertainty to outperform the expected.
- Authentic – Work without ego and be a doer, not a talker. Be fair but candid and always willing and able to roll up your sleeves.
- ‘Cowboy Family’ – Be all in with the firm; pushing and protecting each other to achieve greatness and exceed all expectations. Take pride in being a difference maker and for making a material impact.
This unwavering focus makes Schnitzer West, LLC a recognized and well-respected vanguard in the industry and maintains the framework that allows for superior communications, sound decisive decision making, diversity of thought, and unparalleled business practices, rigor, and innovation.
General Position Summary:
This position is responsible for overall accounting and financial reporting for a portfolio of identified properties or projects, or for identified segments of Schnitzer West operations. The assigned responsibilities may include multiple legal entities or complex consolidation issues, including owner assets and Fund related accounting. Responsibilities include financial statement preparation, operations analysis, budget development, forecasting and other support as required by the Assistant Controller. Reporting methods include GAAP and Cash basis of accounting.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Record and analyze activities accurately and timely for GAAP reporting, cash reporting and management reporting.
- Prepare financial portion of monthly reporting package for assigned portfolio including analysis of year-to-date variances on cash and GAAP basis and cash flow forecasting as needed.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly state and local tax returns.
- Coordinate annual personal property filings for assigned portfolio.
- Monitor daily cash activity in all assigned bank accounts.
- Support as necessary preparations of capital calls.
- Prepare and record journal entries to properly reflect all cash and accrual activity.
- Maintain the cash, accrual, regular tax and AMT tax fixed assets register and depreciation on Yardi fixed assets module.
- Assist in budget preparation.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare additional financial analysis required for the portfolio. This may include analysis of payroll, SW Management operations, corporate overhead costs or any other analysis deemed necessary.
- Review the coding and processing of all corporate billings and invoices processed through the corporate entities as processed by the Accounting Clerk.
- Process the weekly check runs.
- Provide support and back up for all editing and posting functions of property management, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a four-year degree in accounting or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus a minimum of three to four years of relevant experience.
- General real estate knowledge would be preferred, but not required.
- Experience in corporate accounting including consolidations and eliminations is preferred.
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP and Cash accounting required.
- Yardi experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- The employee is required to talk and must be able to read.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate consisting of usual business office sounds including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, and light traffic.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Schnitzer West is an Equal Opportunity Employer.