Trellance is a leading provider of business analytics and technology consulting for credit unions, helping them meet the financial needs of today’s digital consumer. With a comprehensive suite of data science solutions, professional staffing, and professional services, the Trellance team ensures credit unions increase efficiency, manage risk, and improve member experience. As credit unions’ tech partner, Trellance brings them to the next frontiers of fintech, filled with powerful tools such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.
As an experienced BI Developer, you will work with external customers to design and develop models, dashboards, reports, and data visualizations from various structured and unstructured data sources and provide analytical based solutions by using Tableau. Additional experience with Power BI is a plus.
· Analyze the customer's infrastructure, identify customer needs, and recommend designs.
· Recommend an enterprise-level visual analytics strategy that provides the most business value by using tool specific best practices
· Recommend changes to the customer's infrastructure, data strategy, and governance strategy to support the design
· Apply tool specific best practices to a variety of enterprise integration scenarios
· Apply technology-agnostic data strategies and architecture principles.
· Analyze complex data integration from multiple sources used for report writing, detect data integration problems and suggest improvements with immediate impact on business generated self-service queries and reports
· Create data visualizations using Tableau and/or Microsoft Power BI
· Develop and publish reports, dashboards, operational, ad hoc reporting from conceptual design through delivery.
· Lead team of BI Developers
· Other duties as assigned
· Some travel (up to 25%) may be required to client site.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or an Associate degree (AA or AS) plus four (4) years of experience. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of six (6) years of experience in the field.
Company / Industry Knowledge:
Knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably credit union or retail banking related is preferred.
· Minimum 4+ years of experience in creating Visualizations and dashboards using Tableau
· Minimum 3 years of BI/IT background
· 3+ years of experience writing complex SQL against multi-dimensional data models
· Tableau Modeling/Development/Administration
· Enterprise Data Warehouse Design/Development Experience Preferred
· Experience with Azure and Snowflake a big plus
· Experience in the FinTech industry a plus
· Consulting background a plus
· Tableau and Power BI certification a plus